6.

**Chris**

"What are you going to do about him?" Ricky asks.

"I'm not sure yet." I say and look across the restaurant at where Nikki is sitting with a guy. 

"You're not going to let her be with him are you?" He asks.

I chuckle softly "no, he'll be gone soon enough." 

**Nikki**

"Hey Gavin, whats up?" I say answering the phone. 

"Nothing much, do you want to go to a bonfire later tonight?" 

"Yeah that sounds like fun!" I say. 

"Okay I'll see you later tonight then" he says.

-

I put on a light jacket, black jeans and combat boots then head out of the door. I put the address that Gavin gave me into my GPS on my phone and drive. Once I get there I get out of the car and walk up to the door and knock. Gavin answers the door and smiles at me. 

"Hey, come in" he says.

I follow him inside and close the door behind me. We walk into the kitchen. 

"The bonfires at my neighbors house, do you want anything to drink to take over there?"

"I'll just have a water" I say. 

"Okay" he says and grabs a water from the fridge and tosses it to me "lets go."

We walk out of his house and we walk down the street to his neighbors house. When we get there we walk back to the back yard and his neighbor walks up to us. 

"Hey Gavin, how are you?" he says.

"I'm good, this is my friend, Nikki." Gavin says. 

"Hi Nikki, nice to meet you my names Dan" he says and smiles at me. 

"Hey" I say and smile. I'm really nervous meeting new people and I don't say much, I think I have slight social anxiety but who knows. 

Me, Gavin, and Dan walk over to the bonfire and we hang out and chat for a little bit. I start to get more comfortable around Dan and I talk more. 

"I have a rope swing thing near my creek in my back yard, do you want to go swing on it for a little bit?"

"Sure" I say. 

"That sounds fun lets go!" Gavin says happily.

Gavin grabs my hand and he starts running over to the tree that has a rope hanging from it. I almost fall, not expecting him to just take off like that. He lets go of my hand and jumps onto the rope. 

"Do you want to go next?" Dan say to me. 

"Uh" I say getting a little nervous "sure.." 

"Oh come on, its fun" he says and smiles at me. 

"Okay" I smile.