02

It was beautiful.

Alma was certain she'd never be able to dance like Zenaida Yanowsky did, but it didn't stop her from trying as she tried to copy her movements from the TV.

Alma never quite managed to dance much of the Black Swan. She had almost a mental wall causing this to be a practically impossible task. She was trying to perfect Swan Lake for quite a few weeks now, and somehow, most of her time was consumed by this task, causing her to snap back to reality when her mom would return from her shifts (around ten p.m.) and rush to do all of the homeworks and shower, nibbling on her food until it grew too cold.

That Saturday however was completely clear; she finished all tasks for the weekend at Friday and had two days to do whatever she'd like.

That was, of course, until a knock interrupted her.

She was pretty self-conscious as she walked to the door in her small ballet dress and shoes, praying to God whoever was standing there was a woman.

"Bella?" she blurted, surprised. Next to Bella stood a tan boy, or an almost man, both looking at her expectantly.

"Alma," she smiled half heartedly. "Er, we-" Bella paused, looking over at Alma's clothes. "Are you... dancing?" Alma nodded. "We just were around and... well, you have a printer, right?"

Alma nodded, "yeah, why?"

"Our map kind of sucks," the boy explained. "And I kinda accidentally torn it up a bit, so, we need to print something new."

"Oh, sure," Alma grinned, "make yourself home," she gestured for them to enter, and the two shuffled in. "The printer's in the office, first room to the right, just after the kitchen," she explained. "I'm not sure the computer will work though so you could use the laptop in the kitchen."

"Okay," Bella murmured, and the two shuffled off, leaving Alma to  stare intently at the TV with the video playing on it. Maybe the fact she wasn't able to do it was because she wasn't with a partner, making everything slightly different.

She sighed angrily, walking to the office, peeking at the two before walking to stand next to the boy.

"So why you need a map?"

Bella looked at her startled, before sighing. "Going for a small trip in the woods," Alma smirked, making the boy shake his head.

"Not that kind of trip."

"Okay then," she rolled her eyes, "you don't seem like the hiking type, Bella."

"I just wanna go somewhere," she mumbled, sounding off.

"Okay," she accepted, letting it go. "I'm Alma," she introduced to the boy.

"Jacob Black," he smiled, before looking back to Bella. Alma wondered if Bella was aware of the fact this boy cared for her like that, but didn't do anything but stand over as Bella browsed through the Internet.

"Oh, Bells, could you help me with the Spanish homework?"

"You're literally a native Spanish speaker," Bella half laughed, her eyes still set on the computer. "Why would you need help with Spanish homework?"

"I'm, uh,"  slightly embarrassed, Alma blushed. "I'm having trouble translating it to English."

"Oh, sure then."

And so, as the loud noise of a printer filled the silence, Bella quickly helping Alma out, the three spent half an hour together, before Bella and Jacob made their way out to wherever Bella wanted to go.

Alma was certain Bella was weird for a reason, and she intended to find out why.

Alma sat at the exam, her head exploding. She felt her forehead burning, and she was in a bundle of three coats, two shirts, one very warm sweater and a jacket, two pairs of leggings and sweatpants with three unmatching socks covering each of her feet, snuggled in a her favourite boats, that had faux fur covering the inside.