Let the Drama begin...

Recap: 

"What have we got here?" Fabian.

"Yes, what have you got there..." We gasped and looked up. Victor was standing there. He walked down the stairs. "Give." Reluctantly, Fabian dropped it into Victor's hand. "I shall decide on your punishment in the morning, now get to bed immediately!" Nina and I ran to the top of the stairs and hung back to see what Victor was doing. "What is this?" he muttered to himself. "It cannot be! No... NO!"

We ran upstairs, alarmed. What are we going to do? How are we going to get the piece back? And what on earth does Victor know about the puzzle pieces?"

Let the Drama begin...

*Nina's P.O.V*

"Okay guys guys!" Mr Winkler shouted over the buzz of talking. He clapped his hands for attention."It's time to focus. The big night's tomorrow. Dress rehearsal in five minutes."  I was telling Fabian and Patricia.

 "... And then after we left, we heard Victor scream. Like he was in shock. It sounded like something between a sick whale and a broken piano."

 "True that!" Holly agreed.

"Victor definitely put the puzzle pieces back in his safe, because I crept back and saw him do it," Fabian told us.

 "Then why don't we just break into the safe and get it back?" Holly suggested.

"No!" he protested. "How can we anyway? He'd know it was us!"

 "I have a crazy plan... but I think it might work."

"But I don't understand!" came a shrill voice from the other side of the room. I turned to see Amber with two green circles on her cheeks and she was wearing a cactus costume. "Why can't the cactus sing?"

 "Because cacti can't speak Amber," Mr Winkler sighed. "Alright everyone let's start!" We quickly changed into our costumes.

"I remember we used to dress in the same clothes when we were little Hol'" I said, grinning at her pale yellow dress, which was identical to mine.

 "Ah good days!" she sighed, running her hand through her curls.

                                                                                  ***

"So what's the plan?" Fabian asked, after we bowed. "Hit us with the insane plan!"

 "Okay," I said. "Tomorrow night, everyone will be at the play right? Even Victor. So Anubis house will be empty. After the first two scenes, I'm not on until after the interval so I'll sneak in and get them. I'll have thirty minutes to sneak in, grab the piece, sneak out right in time for my scene."

"Alright, then I'm coming too," Holly said. I shook my head. "But we're in the same scenes!"

"Don't worry, I'll be back before you know it."

 "Wait slow down there," Patricia interjected. "Aren't you forgetting something? The code." I clapped a hand to my forehead, horrified I hadn't thought of it. How are we going to get the piece back now? 

*Fabian's P.O.V* 

I closed my eyes and concentrated hard while everyone laughed at Jerome and Alfie trying to get out of their camel suit.

"What are you doing?" Patricia asked.

 "Ssh!" I hissed, my eyes still closed. "I'm trying to remember something!" I heard shuffling footsteps but I still kept my eyes shut. Then I remembered. Top right button twice, middle button once and bottom left once. "Pen and paper quick!"  I drew the combination lock on. "Top right button twice, middle button once and bottom left once. I think..."