v e i n t e✿

lacey's pov

i woke up feeling an extreme pain in my stomach. looks like i'm getting a stomach flu. i remember the last time i had a stomach flu and let me tell you,it was the worst thing i've ever experienced in my life.

i pushed the blankets off me,glancing over at jack and my eyes softened at the way he looks. he literally looked like an angel. i leaned over and kissed his lips and was about to get out of the bed but he held my wrist,"don't leave." 

I chuckled and laid next to him,running my fingers through his hair."i miss Ethan and mom." 

"aren't you happy because you finally got the chance to live alone?" he asked,raising his eyebrow.

"i'm not going to live alone like twenty-four seven. i'm also going to live with my grandma," i lightly laughed. 

"at least you're living alone." 

i rolled my eyes,"where's your mom and sister?" 

"they're in hawaii."

"i want to go back home," i said as i got off the bed.

"why," he pouted. "am i that boring?"

i shook my head,"it's not that you're boring or anything but i have a lot of things to do today."

"well,at least have breakfast with me." he sighed.

"sorry,babe. i can't," i said. 

  i really wanted to stay but you see,i need to buy a couple of things and clean the house.  

"your birthday is tomorrow," he reminded me,putting his thumb over my face. 

i smiled widely at him. he still remembers my birthday date? what a gentleman.

i went to the living room as jack followed behind,trying to convince me to stay. 

i kissed his lips to shut him up and surprisingly it worked. i put on my sneakers and kissed jack once again and walked out. 

+

i made my way to the drugstore and as i stepped out of the car,a couple of girls ran to me,asking for pictures which surprised me a little because i'm not even famous. 

i pleasantly agreed and walked away after taking several pictures with them. 

i firstly went to the medication section and bought an acetaminophen for my stomach. i walked over to the food section and someone accidentally bumped into me which made both of us fall off. 

i got up and turned to face that person as he started talking,"i'm so sorry i didn't-"

i cut him off,"it's okay." 

he took his hands out of his pocket for me to shake,"andrew."

i shook it,slightly smiling at him,"lacey."

"well,it was nice to meet you,lacey but i should go right now and sorry again."

i nodded,turning my back to him and started walking off.

+

i finally got everything i wanted and started putting them in my car but stopped when someone grabbed my wrist. 

"it's kind of creepy but do you mind if i asked you for your number?" andrew,the guy i recently met,asked biting his lips nervously. 

well,yes it is creepy. we just met and he wants my number? that's strange. 

we exchanged numbers and he made his way to his car. 

mom always gives me that speech about not giving strangers my number or people i just met because they could be a serial killer or something but,who knows? i can't judge someone by the way he looks or speaks to me. 

++

I'M.SO.BAD.AT.ENDING.CHAPTERS.