Chapter2

"Cady!" She pulled me into a hug. "You're so thin!" She said, stepping back and putting her hands on my shoulders. "I think I could use some time there. So, did your dad tell you about the party idea?"

"Uh, no."

"Oh. Well it's kinda like a 'Welcome Home Cady' bash! We could invite all your friends, even Jack. Speaking of Jack, he should be here with our groceries soon, why dont you go wait for him?" She winked.

"Uhm, kay. I'll be down at the dock then." I grabbed my shoes and quickly pulled them on, heading out the door.

I walked around the back until I reached the stairs leading down to the water. I paused at the top, noticing the boat house. I ran down the stairs as quick as I could. I stared in the window, not believing my eyes. It looked the same as that night. The night my mother had died when this boathouse exploded in flames.

A memory flashed through my head of that night, when I came back from the party to see my mom alone in the boathouse. She wasnt supposed to be left alone. I could hear her breathing harshly and the sound of her bell ringing.

"Good as new huh?" A voice said, shocking me out of the memory.

I turned around to see my older sister, Tori.

"Tori!" I said, hugging her.

"We had them working weekends so it'd be finished by the time you got here." She released me from the hug.

Tori wore a white bikini top with black polkadots, a pair of jean shorts and a yellow hoodie. Her hair was tied into a high ponytail while her bangs framed her face. She was taller than I remembered, and considerably more tan. She made me realise just how pale I was.

The buzzing of a speedboat interrupted the silence in which we observed eachother.

"Sounds like Jack's here. Well, I'll see you later sis." Tori said, making her way to the stairs.

"You cant leave me alone!" I said.

"Thats what sisters are for." She giggled, running up the stairs and dissapearing.

Sighing, I walked down the slope to the dock, where Jack was already tieing up his boat. He looked up when he heard my footsteps.

"Cady?!" He gaped, attempting to get out of the boat and onto the dock.

"Hi." I said, not knowing what else to say.

He stumbled slightly when his feet hit the dock.

"It's been awhile." He said, pulling me into a hug.

"Yeah.." My voice came out almost a whisper. Was I nervous?

He pulled back from the hug, still staying close. He shook his shaggy blond hair out of the way of his shiny blue eyes.

"Nice to see two young lovers reunited, but I kinda need our groceries Jack." Chaice said from behind me.

"Yeah, sorry." Jack said, walking back to the boat and grabbing the groceries.

"Thanks Jack," Chaice said as Jack got back into his boat. "Oh, and you won't be needing to bring the groceries anymore. That's my job." She picked up the bags and started walking towards the house.

"Hey Cady," Jack called me over. "I know what happened that night."

"What? What night?" I asked.

"The night you were taken away. I saw it all Cady." He said, untying the boat.

"Wh-"

"Go on Jack, I'm sure Mr. Micker needs you at the store." Chaice called from the top of the ramp.

"Yeah." He called back. He looked at me quickly before starting the boat and driving away.

  xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

Whoot. Sorry for a super late and rather short update xD Enjoy anyway. I'm sure there are spelling mistakes, so please excuse those.