Chapter 2

"Who are you? Is this the wrong house?" I looked down at my feet, embarrassed. "Sorry, I'll-"

"Welcome." He tilted his head, frowning. "I'm Mr. Blackbourne, and you are...?"

"San-" Marie pushed past me and walked through the door with a glare. The guy stayed where he was at, watching everything with calculating eyes. I turned back to him to apologize, only to see that he was gone. Blinking, I looked around. Nothing.

The vinegar and lemon juice must have finally messed with my brain. Biting my lip, I headed into the house, carrying my small bag full of clothes. The floor was dark polished cypress wood, and the ceiling arched above me. Abstract paintings hung on each side of me, and the overall feeling was cozy, but not homey. The rest of the mansion-house was dark, and I explored it, going through the old fashioned kitchen and living room. There was a large fireplace on the left, and a rocking chair beside it. The rug was trampled, though it muffled my footsteps when I headed towards the shelves full of books. Why would the previous owners leave all their books behind?

I continued on, reaching a staircase. I heard thumps coming from upstairs, and I scowled. Marie was already claiming her room, I bet. More art hung from the walls, and I smiled at the names. Gabriel Coleman. Three pictures of dresses and suits, all hung from the wall. I smiled at the last one. The name said 'Trouble' and I agreed. The pink dress was loose but formfitting, and the darker edges and ribbons gave it more flair, though it was simple compared to stuff I'd seen the girls at my school wear. Tracing a heart in one of the ribbon loops, I moved on.

The art after Gabriel's was dull, and I studied them closely. One interestingly was a page with the corner torn, and I puzzled over what it was. The name on the bottom was somewhat erased, though I could make out an I and a. Another thump. I frowned, and sped up my walk, wanting to know what was going on. I passed four doors, all the exact same. I stopped at the last door, where the noise was coming from. I wondered if it was the guy I had met downstairs- Mr. Blackbourne. I quietly opened the door, wincing when it creaked. The thumping stopped. I slowly stuck my head into the room, and was greeted with ice blue eyes- definitely not Mr. Blackbourne.

Piles of clothes surrounded the person, and I nudged some from behind the door. "Who are you?" I peered at him confusedly. "I thought the people had moved already." I didn't exactly get the chance to as Mr. Blackbourne about that. He'd disappeared.

He shook his head. "They did. Awhile ago actually." He paused, and cocked his head. "Was it- 1980s? No. 1970s." I stared at him.

"You're kidding, right?" I sat down and watching him ruffle through the closet and sort through everything, discarding random pieces that he deemed unworthy. "How old are you?" He stopped moving and didn't respond for a moment.

"Sixteen." I stared at him, looking for signs of lying. Nothing. He continued sorting. "You've met Mr. Blackbourne?" He said it more like a question than a statement.

I shrugged. "If you mean the disappearing guy by the door, then yes." I heard someone coming up the stairs, and pursed my lips. How would I explain the person in this room? But when I turned around to tell his to hide, he was gone, along with all the clothes he had thrown out of the closet. I gaped, and my dad opened the door.

"This is your room." He told me. "I heard voices. Were you talking to someone?" I stiffened.

"No. Just mumbling to myself." He frowned and glanced at me one more time before leaving and closing the door behind him. I sighed and sat on the now clean bed, which was it surprisingly good shape. I wondered if the guy used it. Probably. It seemed clean though.

I set my bag of clothes to the side, and fiddled with my hands. I would most likely get in trouble for exploring the house with my mom still picking a room for herself. Someone knocked on the door, and it slowly opened.

I looked up, and instead of seeing my sister or my dad, it was another guy. His clean shaven face and blond curls made him seem young, and I stared at him.

I raised my eyebrows. This was becoming common. I wondered if every day I would meet three disappearing people. The guy wore a white coat, like the ones doctors used. "Name's Sean Green." He offered, still half hidden behind the door. I nodded absently, studying him. His light green eyes twinkled with mischief, and I shrugged.

"Are you going to disappear like Mr. Blackbourne and the guy who smells like figs?"

He seemed confused for a moment. "Oh, you mean Gabriel. He likes to mess with smells."

I tilted my head. "Wait. Gabriel Coleman? Like the person who drew the dress outside?" He nodded, and slipped into the room, closing the door quietly behind himself.

I looked at him seriously. "The plaque said 1828. Gabriel is 16. Is it like a repeating name or something?"

Sean shrugged. "I can't tell you. Figure it out," and he disappeared.

A/N: Well, that's Owen, Gabriel, and Sean. *Claps hands together* Okay! Who should I introduce next? And holy crap 200 views! XD