Chapter Three: Confidence

Time.

Every passing minute in this car seemed to go by quicker than normal, as if time itself is antagonizing the pressure I feel. It's tempting me as if I were a child about to present a project for the first time. The neon green numbers firmly plastered on the radio are solid and confidant, unlike the frail and damaged creature I have become. I wish there were a way in the world to stop time in its place, at least for me to catch my breath. The funny thing about time is that it never stops, even for a slowly suffocating girl like me. There's a light, fluttery feeling adding onto the nervousness of this whole situation which burns on like an eternal flame. Time can only tell and time is the main key to how fast I can get in and out of this club without getting noticed nor distracted.

That, is my rational thinking, but my irrational is trying to estimate how much damage can I restrict from throwing myself out of a moving car. I believe it has to deal with how you roll.

"We're here!" Victoria's thrilled voice filled the silent car, pulling me from the barrel-roll plan. I side glanced at my dolled-up friend, she beaming a lipstick smile at my blank expression.

The car was parked and I looked outside to take in the surroundings. People, by the groups were lined up against this box of a building seeming to be lit up like a Christmas tree. It wasn't too promising to me. With the flashing lights and party vibe it was giving, wallowing in my self-pity in night clothes and a book to pass the time sounds pretty darn better than anything right now.

Victoria gave me a concerned look before wrapping an arm around my shoulder, "Be truthful, how are you feeling?"

Truth. "My hand is sweaty and I feel as if I can throw my insides up."

Her hand gives me a pat on the back for reassurance before drawing back, "Good enough, now let's get our sexy on."

With a slight smirk of Victoria's lips and a quick movement of her hand, the door opened and she strode out with me following along of course. I flattened my dress down, which was concerningly bunching up from the car ride here, and tugged at the thin jacket I brought with me. I certainly don't think a small, disabled chick with enough issues to drown the whole underworld is sexy, but hey there might be someone who digs the Clinically Depressive and Ironic Tale of Karmine Pierson story. That book has yet to hit it's first sale in the convenient stores though.

I was practically dragged to the entrance, my feet having as much refusal in these heels as this dress doing to cover unwanted skin, nothing. A classic red rope blocked and inserted a law of order between the entrance and most people who seem they're the next porn star about to be interviewed for the big scene. An extremely buff looking man stood behind the rope to the entrance, seeming to add a bit more authority into the party vibe than necessary. His stern expression hardened as we approached the little cube sanctuary a bit too far for his liking apparently, the man taking a step forward with crossed arms. I stopped in my tracks with some intimidation running through my veins, but the brave friend I luckily have decided to take a few more steps towards him and the entrance.

"In line girls, no exceptions." His voice boomed a bit louder than necessary, causing a few curious onlookers attention. If the man's looks were intimidating, then his sound made me want to curl into a ball and lay on the dirty, cold cement until I froze over.

Victoria flashed one of her charmer smiles, "I believe Richard would be pretty curious to why me and my girl here didn't show up tonight." Richard? I wasn't informed that she knew anyone of that name. That uneasy feeling settled into my bloodstream once again with this situation.

"Richard?" The bouncer possibly named hulk, scanned us over as if he wasn't buying the excuse. I hoped that she didn't make up a lie or anything beyond irrational. He took a few steps back and began speaking into a small radio talker of some kind, the other voice coming out a bit fuzzy and disoriented. "What's your names."