Chapter 6 - The reason

• Věnováno TED SWEERAN SHIPPERS!!! :)

TAYLOR'S POV:

A few days later...

"You ready to go?" My mum asked, as I finished perfecting my hair.  

"Yup." I replied, walking to the car.

It had been a few days since I last talked to Ed, and it was nice without him.

Don't get me wrong, Ed's a nice guy but, it was nice not worrying about how to impress him. 

After storming out of Ed's hotel the other day, I have to admit I felt guilty. So, later that night I decided to send a paragraph-long text to Ed about how I was over-reacting and I apologized for my ignorant behaviour.  

"Oh Tay Tay,"My annoying little brother sang, skipping down the hallway.

"What?" I called peeking out of the bedroom door, "please don't scare me, please don't-" 

I screamed as he popped up in front of me. 

"Stop it! Stop it!" I yelled, walking away from him and towards the kitchen.

"Mum? When did you get here?" I asked, staring at the woman raiding my fridge.

"About fifteen minutes ago." She replied. 

"Tell me, why're you're always in my house?" I sighed, grabbing a bottle of water.

She just smiled and we left. 

+++++

"One hour, Miss Swift!" A tall man, in a suit announced as I entered the busy building.

"Just call me Taylor!" I called after him.

"This is a nice room." My mum stated when we entered my dressing room. I shrugged.

"My guitar's tuned, I'm going to go walk around." I mumbled.

The building was huge with different coloured walls for each different section. I walked into the Auditorium. 

The stage was huge, still it looked ridiculous with the one little stool in the middle.

"Nice little stage, isn't it?"  

I turned around to see the woman I so adored, aka Maya Thompson.

"Thank you so, much for doing this." She said, walking towards me, I could already see the tears in her eyes. 

"It just means so, much to my husband and I." She smiled sadly.

My heart sunk.

"How do you do it?" I asked, hugging her tightly, the hot tears filled my eyes.

"It's like one moment you're laughing and dancing around and then the next you're standing at his hospital bed and he's so... Limp." I mumbled, wiping the tears from my cheeks.

"You," She whispered. "You've given me hope. Every day's a new day, what's done is done, who's gone is gone."

I sniffed,

"Thank you, Yoda." I commented sarcastically.

ED'S POV:

Room service is the best part of staying in a hotel. Someone brings you delicious food straight to your door, and all you have to do is pay a bit.

What a magical thing.

Having nothing better to do I ordered room service, and sat in front of the television set.

Early in the day I received a long paragraph from Taylor. She apologized for being ignorant and over-reacting. However she wasn't ignorant or over-reacting.

I didn't ask any questions. Sometimes girls just need some space. Though Taylor didn't seem like that kind of girl, but you never know.

I snapped out of my never ending thoughts, and gave my attention to the television.

Man there's nothing good on TV.

I flipped through the channels while stuffing my face with food.

As I quickly flip through a few channels I notice a familiar face. I go back to the channel and realize who it is.

Taylor.

She sits on a stool, a microphone in front of her, and a guitar in her arms.

"Um," She smiles, but it's not her usual happy smile.  

"I wrote this song just a few days ago," she looks down at her guitar. 

"It's about a little boy I met a while ago," she takes a breath. 

"And it's called Ronan," she begins playing a tune on her guitar. Opening her mouth she leans toward the microphone and begins singing.

I remember your bare feet

Down the hallway

I remember your little laugh

Race cars on the kitchen floor

Plastic dinosaurs

I love you to the moon and back.

I listen carefully as she comes to the course.

Come on baby with me we're gonna fly away from here 

You were my best four years

I remember the drive home

When the blind hope turned to crying and screaming "Why?"

Flowers pile up in the worst way,

no one knows what to say

About a beautiful boy who died.

She glances at the ground and continues singing. I listen closely.

Then it hit me like a brick to the face.

This was what she couldn't tell me.

How could she even smile around me when a innocent little child has passed. I should've been the one to apologize.

I watch as she finishes and it cuts to a commercial. 

When the show comes back on it shows Taylor leaving, tears flowing down her face.

My heart sinks seeing such a happy, kind person like her, in pain.

Without notice an idea pops into my head.

I pack up all my leftover food and sprint down the stairs.

Man I hate stairs.

Breathless, I run outside into the now dark city where the taxi I called for awaits me.

+++++

"20 bucks," I nod at the driver and hand him the money. He speeds away leaving me alone in the empty area.

I pull the address I received a few weeks ago out of my pocket. This must be the place.

I walk up the long drive way. This area was beautiful. I finally arrive at the front door of the flat. Not second guessing myself I ring the doorbell.

Shuffling slippers get louder as they reach the door. Carefully the door opens.

I fold my arms over the figure in cat pyjama's before me.

"I'm sorry Taylor."

GUYS IM SO SORRY! IT'S BEEN FOREVERRRR SINCE WE UPDATED! I HOPE NONE OF YOU GUYS JUMPED A BRIDGE BECAUSE IT TOOK US SO LONG. SORRY IT'S NOT EDITED, BUT AT LEAST WE UPDATED. PLEASE ENJOY AND MAYBE VOTE! AND KEEPING SHIPPING TED SWEERAN! :)