Chapter 1

The wind blew chilling air from the south. The young deer had no chance. The hunter crouched in the bushes silently knocking an arrow. Taking aim for the young animal. Letting the arrow fly. The deer crumbled. Oscar happly went to the dead deer. He had just turned fifteen a couple days ago. He dragged the deer on to the sled and started his way home. He had been in the Bear Tooth mountains hunting for meat for almost three days working for the town butcher. He pulled the sled for half an hour then set up camp for the night. The next day he climbed down the mountain. Finally he came out of the forest and on a plain about six miles ahead his home town, Narda. It took about two hours, but finally he reached the road and got to the town butcher. The town felt quiet as he walked down the gravel road. The butcher was quite visible because of thebig sign that said in dark read paint:BUTCHER. He went through the door.
"Hey Oscar," came the voice of Gardric, the town butcher. "Had any luck on the hunt?", Satisfied Oscar showed Gardric the deer on the sled.
"Bring it over here", he said after he saw the deer. "Doesn't have too much meat on that skinny deer. That lookes more like skin stretched over a skeleton than a deer".
"But i spent THREE days tracking the flock of deer in the end of fall and this is the complement I get skin stretched over a skeleton." He stormed out of the butcher cursing the old butcher.