Chapter 3

Oscar was horrified. Why would twelve heavily armed men attack a small town like Narda?
"Ok lets get this over with", said the leader, "Group A go and cut in from the right side and group B," he turned and looked at the biggest people in the group," we start the fight by charging the middle." With this they took out some torches and lit the with flint. Sword in right hand, torches in the left they made there way down. Oscar was frozen he did not know what to do all he could do is watch them get closer and closer. When they were one minute away a small group went off to the right side of the town then they just got closer. The people who were coming with swords and torches. They went to the first house setting a torch on the log shed witch almost set fire at one. Oscar watched them cutting down any body who came in view. It started to rain but it was too late now, Narda, looked like a big fire ball.

            After the soldiers left the fire started to die down Oscar ran down to the ashes which used to be a town. The wreckage was every were Oscar saw many dead body's spread eagle on the ground. Some places wood was smouldering and the air smelled of burning flesh and ashes. It was  hard to recognize his own house, but finally he located the wreck of beams and wood. Oscar went to where his room should be, and out of the debris was his bow. He pulled the bow out of the wood. Luckily his bow was not broken but the arrows were beyond repair. He heard a moan behind him and Oscar spun around all he saw was an ocean of ash and wood. He heard it again. Oscar went over were the sound was coming from. There was a big beam and under that beam was Fredrick with the heavy beam across his chest.
"Fredrick?" Asked Oscar. No response. He repeated him self.
"Oscar?" Came the weak voice of Fredrick. "Now get me out of this ruble." Oscar tried too free him but it was to hard.
"Oscar get that log over there and use at a wedge and free me." So Oscar followed Fredricks instructions and wedged the log under the beam. It was hard to to free him so Oscar jumped on the log and slowly and surly the beam went up. Finally when the beam was high enoughFredrick slowly crawled out of the small crack Oscar had made for him.
"What do we do know?" Asked Oscar.
"I say we go around the town and see what we can find." With that they headed around town. All they found was some unharmed food, a map which Oscar didn't know how survived the fire. They finally came to the black smith witch was the building with least harm since the building was made mostly of stone. They went in side, the fire was still on and a row of tool hung neatly on the walls and on the other side of the wall were finished tolls like hoes, shields, swords, hammers, scythe, arrows, some hourse plows, shovels, picks.  Fredrick took a shield and sword, and Oscar took all the arrows and a short sword.
      "We will needed to be armed,"said Fredrick,"there probably coming back for survivors." With that they left the town knowing not were to go.