Photograph

"Darn it!" Something comes over Laxus as he desperately plunges his hands into the fire in search for the photograph, stubbornly digging his way through the scorching woods even though his hands are begging him to stop.

How wrong was he. All those memories, both sweet and bitter times, are too precious to cast away. Truly it is only until he had lost Mira does Laxus realize how much he loves her, so much that he can't bare the thought of a future without her.

"Ngh..." Having retrieved the photograph, his hands are badly burned, but Laxus is just thankful that the picture is only partially burned. He once again wipes Mira's face in the picture just to see her smile. This memento and remaining piece of her, Laxus shall forever treasure.

After putting out the campfire, Laxus heads inside his room and throws himself on the bed. He spends a great deal of time staring at the photograph while pondering about the right thing to do. Until, he accidentally falls asleep with the light still on.

The Next Day...

Words of his breakup have long spread like wildfire, and women are once again constantly flirting with Laxus on his way to the guild in the most seductive and physical ways, to which Laxus only turns a blind eye.

"Laxus-sama~ please stop ignoring me~"

"Oh, you have such amazing muscles~ I wanna feel~"

"Let's have some fun, just you and me~"

Much to his annoyance, the harassment continues on and on until he arrives inside the guild. Just when Laxus thinks his morning can't get any worse, he bumps into Nathan by the guild entrance gate.

"Well I'll be damned! If if isn't Makarov's grandson." Nathan greets in a degrading manner.

"Get lost, I'm not gonna waste my time you." Laxus intentionally bumps his shoulder against Nathan's when he slips past him, unleashing his grimace only until then.

"Stay away from my girlfriend, ya hear me!" Nathan yells before leaving. Finally, Laxus can find his peace of mind as he is walking through the aisle. Having sat on the bar stool, he locks his green eyes into the barmaid's cerulean orbs.

"... Make me breakfast." No, Laxus certainly didn't risk coming all the way to the guild just for breakfast. He wanted to ask Mira about her feelings for him, but the words kept getting stuck in his throat no matter how hard he tried.

"Oh, Laxus, I'm so sorry. I've got to leave now."

Laxus raises an eyebrow. "What's the hurry?"

"Nathan is taking me out on a date with him on a one week mission. Isn't it exciting!"

"Right... it sure is." Laxus rolls his eyes when Mira isn't looking. He can't help but feel like Mira is trying to get back at him for leaving her on his last mission, even though he knows that's not the case.

"I'd better not make Nathan wait any longer. Take care of yourself while I'm gone, okay?" Mira makes her way around the bar counter, hauling a massive fully packed bag onto her back.

"Wait, One question before you leave." Laxus jumps down from the bar stool to step in her way, taking and exhaling a deep breath before looking her in the eyes.

"W-what is it?" Mira clutches her upper arm, slightly crept out and insecure.

"Just this once, I need you to give me an honest answer."

"Alright, I'm listening..."

"Do you, do you... do you possibly still..." Laxus is stuttering like crazy and twitching his eyes without himself realizing it, creeping Mira out more than she already is. Thankfully for her, she doesn't have to suffer for long.