Stay

The tempting sounds of Laxus taking a shower brings a thousand images to Mira as she sits quietly on the edge of his bed. When the faucet knob squeaks, she glances toward the semi-transparent bathroom door to find a blurred figure of Laxus drying himself up with his towel. How she struggles not to picture him naked.

"Sorry for the wait." Laxus says, coming out half-naked with a white towel wrapped around his waist. Intentionally, he stretches his triceps behind his back and smirks when Mira winces after seeing his muscle flex. "Is it hot in here or is it just me?"

"... Just shut up and get changed." She tosses him his crumpled sleeveless black shirt and red pants right to the face, to which Laxus only chuckles.

"You may want to turn around, unless you want to see me naked."

"Yeah, as if!" She hastily leaves the room flustered.

Patiently waiting at the living room, Mira shakes her head at what a chicken coop the place is with litters scattered all over the floor and Laxus' fur coat lying in the midst of the mess. She goes to pick up his coat, and when she does, a pair of diamond rings fall off the coat along with a certain photograph.

"Hmm?" Despite the glimmer of the rings, Mira is more drawn to the photograph as she bends down to pick it up. A heartfelt smile quickly runs across her face for the next few seconds.

"Mira, I'm ready now."

Panicking, she quickly put the diamond rings and photograph back inside the pocket before throwing the coat back to where it was. "Oh hey, Laxus." She fakes him a smile.

"Well, I'm listening."

"You see...  It's about this morning. I felt really bad about hurting your feeling, and I don't want you to ever think that you weren't good enough for me, so I came to apologize..."

"Mira..." Laxus whispers as he resists the very urge of pulling her into his arms. "Don't apologize. What doesn't kill me only makes me stronger."

"Thanks..."

"I may not be worthy of you now, but one day I can be the man of your dream if you would just give me the chance."

"Laxus, please, I don't want you to think like I'm forcing you to change according to my will."

"On the contrary." He gently pokes her forehead with two fingers, causing Mira to blush while she gazes into his eyes. "It is for you and you only that I am willing to. Now close your eyes."

"Huh?"

"You love surprises, don't you? So close your eyes for me."

"... Aww alright." Mira gleefully closes her eyes and starts counting down from five. In that instance, she can hear him flashing back and forth inside the room which tempts her to count down even faster.

"3, 2, 1!"

When Mira opens her eyes, Laxus is panting in front of her with his hands on his knees. He now has his fur coat now on. "Damn you, girl... *Panting* who told you to start counting down from five...?" 

Mira giggles. "So, what's my surprise?"

"Take a look around you."

Whereas the living room was such a mess before, now the room is sparkling clean and organized that Mira finds it hard to believe that she's still standing inside the same room. "Woah." She gapes.

"You hate how messy I am, I'll clean up for you. You want me to stop drinking, I'll quit drinking for good. You want me to give you my all, I'll give you my all. That's just how desperate I am about for you."