2

The ride back to Dallas takes almost five hours, but I sleep through most of it. When we arrive at the Social Services building, Officer Reyes walks me in and explains that I'm the missing girl. I thank him for driving me back here, an he leaves. He's probably going straight back home to apologize to his wife for being late and have dinner with his kids. Meanwhile, I'm stuck here in an uncomfortable plastic chair, waiting to hear where I'm going. Jill, my case worker, finally shows up after what feels like hours.
"Well, Sarah Beatrice," Jill announces, "You aren't going back to live with Mr. Walters." That was what I was supposed to call Jerry.
"Thank you, Jill," I cry, and I hug her, something I hadn't done in almost three years, "Thank you so, so much!"
"And I have some huge news," She adds, "You've been adopted."
A huge smile breaks out across her face. I stand there, shocked, and finally squeal and hug Jill again.
"You're going to live with Mrs. Hailee Steinfeld," She says.
Hailee Steinfeld... where have I hear that name before? My jaw drops as I realize that she's talking about Hailee Steinfeld, the world's most amazing actress and singer.
"No way," I think to myself, "It can't be the actual Hailee Steinfeld."
"She's coming here to collect you in a few hours," Jill says, "So I'll wait here with you until she arrives."