58, Niam - She or He?

*Liam's pov*

*When they were 7 years old*

My best friend's name is Nina. She's the most beautiful girl in the whole world! "Liam comon!", she shouts to me of the other side of the playground, "You have to help me! The bad dragon is keeping me in this castle! Be my knight and fight for my love!" I put my hand into the air like superman and shout: "I'll be your knight in shining armour and fight this dragon! Attack it!!" I hear her giggle and I a small smile creeps onto my lips. I fight the dragon, even thought it's just a draw on a wall, and cheer as I ended him. "Finally! You've deveated the dragon and now I'm free! Thank you so much Prince Payne." She laughs as I go on my knees and bow my head. "That was no problem my lady, I'd do it again. Just for you."

And little did I know Nina's and my parents were capturing some of these scenes on camera just to coo over how cute we were playing.

*When they were 10 years old*

"Noo! Stop it Lii!", Nina pouts and crosses her arms infront of her chest. "I'm sorry! Please come and play with me again", I say and want to give her the controller again. "No, you are playing unfair." She still pouts. "Pleaaase!", I beg and look at her with my cute, brown eyes. Trying to look as cute as possible. "You have to promise you don't cheat again", she demands and I nod quickly. "Promise!" "Okay..", she smiles and we continue to play. After only a minute she groans and throws the controller at me. "I hate you!! You promised not to cheat anymore!", she shouts angry and suddenly I feel bad. "I'm sorry Ni..", I say but she ignores me. "Lets play together okay? You and me in one team." First, she looks unsure. But then she nods smiling.
"You and me against the world."

And if mum and dad were listening to us and thinking absolutely the same thing, nobody has to know..

*When they were 13 years old*

"Li..?"
I turn my head over and look into the dark. Nina is currently sleeping over and we are on my bed. Not cuddling or even touching because, she's my best friend and I don't think she would like it as much as I do. "Yes?"
"I.. I've got a secret but I'm scared to tell anyone..", she mumbles quietly. "What is it Ni? You know you can tell me everything!", I tell her and turn my whole body to face her. "I don't know how to say it but.. do you like me?" "Yes of course! You're my best friend", I answer and hear her sigh. "No I mean like.. do I look okay? Or is something weird about me?" I see her face lightly in the moonlight. She's worried about something.. what is it?
"Of course not. You look.. pretty. I mean, you aren't ugly or something and yeah, you're pretty." She has beautiful blue eyes, blonde dyed hair which didn't even reached her shoulders, a beautiful smile, and a beautiful voice. Her voice is a bit deeper than from other girl's, but it's beautiful. I see her nod. "Okay Li.. thank you. Good night..", she mumbles and soon she's sleeping. But wait! My voice is only a whisper: "What's your secret.."

*When they were 15 years old*

Blushing. That's all I could do right now. Me and Nina know each other since we were little and we almost experienced everything of each other. When I got my first bad grade, the first time she got her period, when I had to punch a boy because he wanted to touch her ass, the first time I got a boner.. almost everything.
And not everything was enjoyable, it was really embarrassing for me as she saw that I got a boner. At least she still doesn't know I got it because of her..
"Did you ever had your first kiss Li?", she asks me and brings me out of my thoughts. "Uhh.. no..", I mumble ashamed. A 15 year old boy who still didn't got his first kiss. "What about you? Finally got Jackson to kiss you?", I ask and fake smile. Even only thinking of Nina kissing him makes me feel sick. "Uh, no.. I don't like him like that. He's just a friend of my friends." I nod and it's awkwardly quiet. "Do you want your first kiss?"
I nod: "To be honest, yes. I'd like to know how it feels like to kiss someone." She smiles. "This could be a stupid idea but.. like, we could be each other's first kiss?", she suggests and I look at her surprised. "Really?"
"I wouldn't mind because, you're my best friend since forever!", she means and I nod. "But wouldn't it be awkward after it?" "We just have to make sure, it wont be awkward."
"Okay..", I smile. She smiles too.
I softly lay my hand on her left cheek, bringing her face closer. I close my eyes just before my lips meet hers and I feel my heart beauting loud and fast. Just after some seconds we pull away and smile with a blush on both of our faces. "Thank you", she says and I shrug my shoulders. "Wasn't a problem."