Jade Chp. 4

John and I stand, waiting at the bus stop. I look down at my light blue jeans and grey sneakers. I'm wearing a white shirt with a blue dog design on it,my bag resting against my leg. In my bag I have a binder, some basic school supplies, and my lunch.

I look up as I hear the big yellow bus coming. I push my glasses back up my nose out of habit and quickly pick up my bag. This is gonna be great!

At lunch

This is terrible... No one wants to talk to the "new girl" except for John and his friends. I'm pretending I'm still having a great day, but it's not that great.

Stop it Jade, it's great! You're meeting everyone, they won't be friends with you on the spot, they barely know you. You'll get used to it, you'll get used to it.

"Jade, are you in here?" I hear Rose, and slowly unlock my bathroom stall.

"Yeah, just had to go real quick before lunch!" I reply, and step out smiling. I feel ready to go back out and show everyone who Jade is!

I walk over and wash my hands, feeling better. I just needed a little time to myself, like I used to. Before I came here... I push those thoughts out of my mind, I sorta miss home, but I've got a new one. A better one!

"Let's go!" I cheerfully walk to the door where Rose is waiting. She has her half smile, it's not quite a smile, but that's how she shows she's happy.

We walk to a table with Dave, John, and Rose's lunch tray, a spot on the end left for me. I set down my squiddle lunchbox, I may be too old for it now, but I like it. It's happy, and holds lots of great memories.

I bring out a nice lunch, a PB&J, lots of greens, fruit, and a small cookie. I also brought a cookie for John, Rose, and Dave, I made some last night after hanging out with everyone.

We all talk and I get to know Dave and Rose a little more. Rose likes writing, but she doesn't want to talk about what she writes. Dave apparently loves apple juice, that's all I got to know about him. There seems to be lots hidden behind those shades he wears...

The rest of the day passes by fast. I'm pretty happy with my classes, most of them are with John. So far I think my favorite is science, I've always loved it!

"Hey, Jade, I gotta grab something from my locker, I'll be right back." John says and walks down the hallway.

I nod and stand around. I'm waiting at the "normal meetup spot" where they all get together after school. Rose said she has something after school and wouldn't be here, so it'll just be John, Dave, and I walking home together today.

Today was good, despite the bad beginning. I didn't let it get to me, as soon as I get the hang of it, I'll fit right in! I think about how different things are from when I was homeschooled. At home I-no. I'm not gonna think about how it was done at home.

"Hey, Jade, where's-Oh, let me help you with that." I jump, surprised to hear Dave, I had gotten lost in my thoughts. I dropped my binder filled with new papers, telling me what classes will be like and what's expected.

I pick up the papers that fell out, slightly embarrassed. Dave walks over and begins to help me grab them, we end up grabbing for the last paper at the same time, he quickly pulls his hand back when he touches my hand. What was that about?

"Here you go, sorry 'bout that." He apologizes awkwardly and hands me back my papers. "Where's John?"

"He went to grab something from his locker, he said he'll be right back." I reply, putting all the papers back in my binder.

"Oh, so it's just us here until he gets back then." Dave says.

[New Character Unlocked! Be Dave? Yes/No]

Yes

Alright, on the subject of a schedule, I'll try and update everyday, on both of my stories. Have an awesome day!