Chapter 16

*Ty's POV*

Each time Cam took a step forward the kids would take a step back. Now that they were backed up to the door, they couldn't go anywhere.

I saw Marie out of the corner of my eye look over to Lizzy. I turned my head and I could see her facial expressions change as were Lizzy's so I knew they were talking to each other in there minds.

Marie saw me watching them.

Lizzy and I have an idea. Maybe it's not us as a group, but you five guys individually. Take a step toward them to test it out. She explained.

I nodded and took a couple of steps forward so I was a few steps ahead of Josh, but slightly behind Cam. The little girl whimpered, the older girl's eyes widened a little, and the boy stiffened. He glared at the three of us and took the smallest of steps forward. He raised his arm slightly to the side so it was between us and the little girl. The older girl stepped a little closer to the boy.

*Marie's POV*

Let's see if they'll talk to Lizzy and I. I suggested. The others nodded in agreement.

I took a couple of slow steps forward so I was next to Ty. Lizzy was a few steps behind me. I took a few more steps forward, so I was a little ahead of Cam, Lizzy stopped even with me.

"It's okay. We're not going to hurt you." I said gently.

"It's not you two we're worried about." The boy replied, looking past me at the guys. I bit my lip to hold back a chuckle.

"They're not going to hurt you either. Are these your sisters?" I asked him. The boy nodded his head. "Josh," I said pointing to Josh, who gave a smile and a wave, "is Lizzy's older brother. And both Cam and Kyle have a sister too. I'm Ty's cousin, but we're kind of like brother and sister. So you don't have to worry about them hurting you or your sisters, they know all about that."

This seemed to reassure the boy because he dropped his arm slowly back to his side, but still pulled his little sister close to him. The older girl took a step forward so she was next to her brother.

"I thought that might make you feel better." I smiled. He looked at me and gave a small smile.

Lizzy motioned for the guys to come closer.  They came and stood next to Lizzy and me. The boy's eyes darted between all of them still apprehensive.

"Awww. I love my sister just as much as you love yours." Josh said wrapping his arms around Lizzy and giving her a hug from behind, causing Lizzy to chuckle.

"Yeah, you don't have to be afraid of us. We're just as childish as you are." Cam beamed.

"Cam!" Kyle scolded while I hit him lightly on the arm.

"I didn't  mean that like it sounded," He explained. "I just meant that we are still young at heart." Cam said dramatically, placing his hand over his heart.

"Uh...dude, in case you didn't notice you still are young. You're only 18." Ty smirked. The little girl laughed the cutest little laugh. Ty looked down and smiled at her.

"That's not the point."

"Anyways," Kyle said dragging out the word. "I'm Kyle and this is my brother Cam."

"I'm Dan."

"Marie."

"Hi i'm Li-"

"Little sister of Josh. Who is the awesome one." Josh interrupted with a smile looking at the kids.

Lizzy elbowed him in the ribs. He looked down at her and raised an eyebrow in a was-that-supposed-to-hurt way. She rolled her eyes and turned back to the kids.