Girls Day... Again? (Part 2)

YOUR POV

Kawaii~Chan and I searched around the stable, searching for Serina. We saw the stall Pepper was in and decided to look there.

I opened the stable door.

Serina was sitting on the floor inside the stable, crying. Her arms were wrapped around her knees and we could hear quiet sobs coming from her.

I squatted down next to her and placed my hand gently on her back.

On contact, she looked up at me with a sad smile. "Oh, sorry." She sniffed. "I don't want to ruin our girl's day with my break up..."

I rubbed her back. "No, no. It's fine. Can I tell you a story?"

"Sure..." She looked up in confusion, but her look soon changed to curiosity.

I smiled and sat down next to her, recognizing this might take a while. "As you know, Garroth's father, Garte, was the Lord of Okasis before he died."

She nodded. "Yes, and?"

I felt like I was comforting a child. She was younger than me, so I guess in a way, I was.

"Garte was an evil man. All he wanted was power. After his wife died that is. Anyway, Garte was trying to make peace with my home town... Thurmond. Ever heard of it?"

She nodded again.

"Well, the Lord of Thurmond and Lord Garte both wanted peace, but they wanted it to be a very permanent way to seal the treaty. Their first-borns were to marry each other. The princess of Thurmond would marry Garroth, fall in love with him, and eventually, have a family. Of course, Garroth didn't want to be forced into marriage. His father wouldn't let him even meet his fiancé.

They had no way of communication. Obviously, Garroth didn't have any feeling towards this woman. And she most likely didn't have feelings towards him either. So, Garroth ran away.

He came upon Phoenix Drop, and became a guard there.

However, this girl he was supposed to marry, learned of his missing. She rejoiced, knowing that she wouldn't have to marry him. However, Garte and the Lord of Thurmond weren't about to give up that easy.

Soon, she learned of them wanting her to marry the next in line, Zane. However, she didn't have feelings towards him either, and he was much younger than she was. She admired Garroth's decision of running away, and did the same.

Of course, no one knew of where Garroth was, but the princess ended up running towards Phoenix Drop anyway. It had been about a year sense Garroth had run away. He had changed quite a bit, so no one recognized any part of him, other than his face.

His dazzling blue eyes and his dusty blonde hair..."

I looked over at Serina who was staring over at me, curiosity filled her eyes.

"Yeah, then what?"

"Garroth was sitting by a beautiful lake one day. A man in armor beside him woke up, surprising him. He continued to look forward till the man turned around. He snuck up behind him and attacked the man. The man countered his attack, using katanas. Sort of like Dante's, but a different material.

Garroth pinned the man's arms behind their back. The man eventually kicked Garroth to the ground. Dante watched as Garroth fell to the ground. Dante had rushed over to Garroth. The man had stopped attacking, but didn't flee. Instead, he helped Garroth up. It was then Garroth realized it wasn't a man. It was a woman, wearing armor made for a man.

While they were sparring with each other, Garroth broke her arm. He took her to Phoenix Drop, where she met Kawaii~Chan. They soon became best friends. Garroth and the woman also became friends soon. They fell in love.

She admitted something to him she had never told anyone else. She was the princess of Thurmond. She learned he was the man she was supposed to marry over a year ago. Soon, she was pregnant, and they became engaged, once again.

Now they're just waiting for the right time for the wedding."

"(Y/N)~SENPAI! YOU'RE THE MISSING PRINCESS OF THURMOND?!?"

I stared in Kawaii~Chan's direction. "Yeah, didn't Dante tell you?"

She shook her head. "Dante~Kun never mentioned it... Kawaii~Chan will ask him when they get home."

I turned to Serina who was staring at me, mesmerized.

"Woah. That had to take a lot of courage."

I nodded.

"But did Garroth really break your arm when you two first met?"

I smiled. "Yeah. Kawaii~Chan was the first person I fully met. She was the one who set my arm, so we had plenty of time to talk."

Serina smiled. "Thanks for telling me that story (Y/n). I feel a lot better."

She looked down, smiling. "When I first met Vincent, he actually saved me from a house fire. I was paralyzed with fear, and he carried me out. We both had burns on us, his not as bad as mine, and he stayed with me in the hospital. We came to know each other pretty well. He asked if I wanted to hang out after I got out of the hospital, and I agreed."

She smiled sadly. "Hmm... I really miss the time when he was like that. About 5 months ago, he disappeared. I'd been searching for him all over the region. About a month later, he appeared again. I was so happy to see him! But something seemed different about him. He wasn't as happy as he once was."

"That's the month he must have become a shadow knight..." I mumbled to myself.

"Huh?"

"Nothing. Er... Serina, do you know what a shadow knight is?"

"Umm, kind of. My grandma told me stories of the shadow knights, but they're just stories, to scare the kids. Why?"

"They're not JUST stories. They're real. Shadow Knights are real."

Serina stood up. "How would you know?"

I sighed. "Vincent, Laurence... they're shadow knights."

Tears began to form in her eyes again. "H-How do you know?"

"Shadow knights can detect other shadow knights..."

"So you mean..."

"I'm a shadow knight. Laurence and I, we aren't full shadow knights, but Vincent... he is. He became a shadow knight and gained immortality sometime during that month he was gone."

Serina's head hung low. "Oh..."

I stood up next to her. "It's okay. Laurence, Vincent, even myself, know how to control it. Well, actually, I've never gone into my shadow knight form. But, I have had conversations with shadow-me and I have a very short temper now."

Serina nodded, like she understood. She turned to Kawaii~Chan and I and smiled.

"Let's go have an amazing girl's day."