Chapter 4

Danny's POV:

I remained stationary in my position, ready to fight, as my eyes beamed a bright emerald green at Plasmius. I stared straight at him and nothing else, not even Valerie, though I knew she was starring at me. I didn't care if she was, but I knew I wasn't going to let Vlad hurt her. He soon turned his attention to me and grinned darkly.
"Oh Daniel, as if you even think that you could stop me now? I am much too powerful, especially since I've weakened you. Also if you use the last of you ghostly energy, your little secret might slip out. Unless you consider joining me if you are smart enough." He said in a mocking tone. I growled at him again, my eyes still beaming.
"I will never join you even if my life was on the line, and that's final, Plasmius!" I snapped. He chuckled, only to infuriate me.
"But yet you still remind me, little badger. How childish, although I'm not surprised." He mocked. Every time I see his face, I become irritated. He always mocks me like this, but even though he does it all the time, it still angers me. My eyes dimmed to their normal look and my frown softened. I turned my to look at Valerie who was still staring. Fear and bewilderment crossed her expression, as she stared back at me.
"You need to get out of here. I promise I won't follow you." I said calmly but sternly.
I could tell that she didn't want to trust me by her hesitation, but I assumed that she is still confused on why I'm protecting her. She then frowned boldly and nodded at me. After that she activated he jet and flew away from the area at lightning speed. Minutes later, Valerie was dozens of feet away. I then turned back to Plasmius, only to see him gone. I sighed shakily in stress as I slowly hovered, and flew from the school, towards my house.