10

today is the day.

the day michael leaves his friends and what he called his home for many years behind.

michael sighs as he finishes packing the last of his clothes into his suitcase; the skirt he bought with mia where they met ashton.

michael takes one last look at the skirt and a tear falls from his eye as he thinks back to the moment of buying the skirt.

he wipes the tear away and throws the skirt into his bag, and gets up from his bed.

he walks slowly out of his room as his mum passes by, "all ready honey?" karen smiles, pulling michael in for a one arm hug.

michael hesitates before answering with a quiet "yeah."

"it's going to be alright, mikey"

and with that, michael walks away.

-

-at the airport-

michael and his parents get to the gate, ready to board the plane, when michael hears someone shout his name.

he looks around and can't see anybody, until he hears another "michael!" and sees a happy mia and ashton running towards him.

"oh my gosh guys! i wasn't sure if i was going to see you guys before i left!" michael squeals, pulling mia and ashton in for a small group hug.

"i'm going to miss you guys so bad" michael lets a tear fall from his eye onto mia's shoulder.

"i'm going to miss you so freaking much, michael" mia says as a tear falls from her eye.

"i promised myself i wouldn't cry, i broke my own promise" mia tries to lighten the mood but it just makes her and michael both cry ever more.

"hey mikey, i haven't known you for long but you're already like a little brother to me. i'll miss you a lot. remember we'll both always be here for you when you need us" ashton says, he manages to hold in his tears.

"th-thank you a-ashton. that r-really m-means a lot to m-me" michael can't hold back his tears now and two waterfalls form on his face.

"mikey, oh mannn..." mia sighs, pulling him in for a tight hug.

"i love you so much michael gordon clifford"

"i l-love you t-too, m-mia" michael manages to choke out between sobs.

"michael sweetie, we have to go now" karen smiles sympathetically at michael and his friends.

"n-no, al-already?" michael frowns, wiping away his tears.

"sorry mikey, but yes, right now" karen frowns.

"i love you guys so much" michael cries out, pulling the two into another hug.

"we love you too, mikey. we'll never forget you"

michael pulls away from the hug, grabs his bags and walks towards the gate.

he takes one last look back at his friends; mia is hugging ashton tight and is crying into his shoulder.

michael waves to them both, and ashton nudges mia to tell her michael is waving, and the two wave back.

and with that, michael boards the plane.

-

i'M SO EMO

I'M VRYINSJFBVGFRBISUD

sorry it was short, but it was important