Intro

"Attention!"

You snapped to attention as the Seargant Brooks, said those words of which you were so conditioned. It was the first day after the graduation ceremony. Soldiers fell into rows as you did the same. He cleared his throat while he waited for chatter to cease.

"We all have heard the conditions we must face as soon as you step outside of this camp with our crest on your back.", He said gesturing to gate of the rusted, iron fence surrounding the camp. "Death, grieving families, and the cause of the this: Titans."

He paused for a moment to gaze at us. His eyes panned the rows of new soldiers with varying expression; Most deep in thought, some frightful, and a few determined.
Seargant let his stance stiffen as he stood front and center before us.

"There are friends to keep you motivated. They may pass. There is family for you to fight for. They may perish.", He noticed a few faces pale. He nodded before continuing. "There is but one thing that may keep them alive for another day; your strength."

He began pacing again while you noticed a figure on horse back approach behind the gate. As the figure made steady pace forward, the instructor continued his sermon.

"Your strength, both mentally and physically, can protect everyone close to you."

He stepped back and checked his pocket watch. As if on cue, he turned around to face the once far figure dismounting his horse. He watched as the man took his time posting his horse and cleaning his hands.

"There are few men who I have met showing such strength as to protect that and more. I'm sure many have heard his name before."

He waved his hand to the man beside him. He had jet black hair that was fashioned so that it fell evenly on both sides, neither going farther than his ears. His uniform looked as if had been ironed and starched by the gods. His eyes stared into every soldiers' soul, and his face was so emotionless, you couldn't tell if he was honored or would slay everyone without hesitation. But, he was so...short...all the qualities of a leader but his height ,was so ironic-

"I hope you payed attention to what he said." You let a snicker escape before you could stifle it. Now he had all the qualities of a leader except height. Strength,a sense of confidence, looks, even the tone of voice!

"Who did that!", Brooks stepped forward and fiercely searched the grid of soldiers for the source. You calmed as the short man put a hand on Sergeant Brooks' shoulder as to soothe him.

You felt your body tense again as the short man's eyes met yours and glared for what felt like hours.

'He knows you laughed at him. He knows it. He's gonna call me out and Seargant is going to make me run laps until I drop', You thought.

He merely chuckled as his face darkened, but he began to speak again.

"I am called Captain Levi of the Survey Corps." He paused as if he knew the chatter that erupted in the group.

This is the captain said to be equal to an entire brigade!! I'm lucky I haven't been called out... He is short like everyone says..

All chatter stopped immediately as he opened his mouth.

"I've been sent to collect those interested in joining the Survey Corps for a mock mission."

Your ears perked up. You also noticed a few other trainees look shift.

"I don't want you idiots to shit your pants in the heat if the moment. It has been decided that those selected will train with me and a...friend of mine. All selected trainees will report to the field at dawn to begin." He left it at that and mounted his horse to leave.

We all gazed at his form leaving before Seargant dismissed us.

________________________________________________________