Chapter 16

Sammy's POV

"AY Dios Mio ....Yoyo " I stutter, but he interrupts me.

"I'm in love with you. I'm in love with your smile, with your sweet voice, and I love spending time with you"
He retorts softly.

"Yoyo I -"

"Shhh Hermosa. I know. Don't say anything . "
He says, bringing a finger to my lips.

"I already know the feeling isn't mutual. Yet I dared to fall in love with you. Not because I chose to, but because I couldn't help it. You have feelings for someone else don't you ?" He asks, his voice slightly above a whisper.

"Yoandri you're wrong, I care about you. And I also love spending time with you, you mean so much to me. Te quiero mucho" I say.

"Exactly. But you don't love me, do you? "

"I love you as my friend " I say softly.

"That's not what I meant"

"I don't want to ruin our friendship Yoyo. Please hear me out "

"You have feelings for Erick, don't you?"

"No of course not. Don't be ridiculous."

"Then, would you ever go out with me?I know you don't love me, but I can tell you're somewhat attracted to me, or else we wouldn't be here right now " He asks.

"Ugh you're impossible!..and in an alternative universe yes. But due to my position, I can't. I actually wanna keep my job. So yeah..."

"So does that atleast mean you like me?"

"I'm not gonna answer that" I say rolling my eyes.

"Looks like you already did" he says grinning.

"Samantha, you're my dream girl. And nothing would make me happier than having you be my girlfriend. I promise you that my love for you is more than enough for the both of us" he insists.

"Nope. I'll get fired. Ricky Martin won't like this. " I reply.

"I'll talk to Ricky. And besides, if I don't actually make the last five, that won't even matter anymore. " he continues.

"No Yoandri no. This is crazy. You deserve better than me. We just can't be together!"

"Why? It's because of Erick isn't it?"

"No I already told you that I don't like him!"

"What does he have that I don't? OH WAIT LEMME GUESS , A CUBAN GIRLFRIEND WITH WHOM HE MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT??!"
He says raising his voice, and sitting up.

What's his f*cking problem?! It physically hurt too much. Because he was right...

"Perhaps..." I reply teary eyed.

"I'm sorry Sammybear. I didn't mean that. It's just that it really pisses me off to see how he messes with you , over and over again, yet you let him. You let him get close again. You let him break your heart....while you break mine"
He says, scooting closer to me, trying to pull me into a hug.