Chapter 46

Song of the chapter : Por Fin by Pablo Alboran

Sammy's POV

He sat on the far left side of the bed, across from me. Biting down on his nails, with the same intensity one runs when there's a bogeyman with a vicious fiery torch in hand, chasing after you.

"Yoyo."

His eyes were fixed on the screen before us, but I found it highly unlikely for El Chavo Del Ocho to be the cause of his gotta-chew-my-nails-to-the-bone-because-shit's-about-to-go-down,  current state.

"YOYO!" I called his name again.

"OMG QUE PASO?" he jumped up alarmed, in the process sending the chocolate brownies that had been next to him just seconds ago, flying to the floor swiftly.

"Dude I totally understand if you can't handle El Chavo, we could just play checkers or  something." I teased him, trying to get him to snap out of his trance.

" What if he's really coming?" he continued fiddling with his fingers, worry clearly spelled out on his face.

" You mean Erick?" I rhetorically asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"No, La Siguanaba. " He rolled his eyes whilst taking a sip of his Pina colada.

"AND....he's back!" I chuckled, " Wow for a second there I thought I'd lost you!"

" Are you really gonna leave me...I...I...I mean us?" He kept his eyes on his drink." If Erick does come after you."

"haha, as if ." I shook my head in response.

" So...would you go with him or nah?" He prompted again.

"Yoyo, let me put it this way, for Erick to come and 'chase after me'  like he says he's going to,  the moon would have to be made out of queso, the stars would have be at our reach, but most importantly..." my voice trailed off,

" He would have to love me. But all those things are far from ever happening."

" No.  This time's different. from what I could hear, not that I'd been eavesdropping or anything of that sort," he shrugged like a guilty child who'd eaten the very last cookie. " He's coming alright. "

"Chill, only Joel knows the address of the hotel."

" Exactly. " He said in a duh tone.

"Oh....Damn it." I buried my face in a fluffy pillow. "But he wouldn't turn me in. He's not like that." I argued, trying to convince myself that there was no way Joel would ever betray me.

I spoke too soon, because as if on cue, a few minutes later, it was no other than Joel who called.

"Please don't freak out...but Shorty...I kind of had to give Erick the address of the hotel you guys are staying at. He's looking for you, and he's lost it. Ricky's gonna be So pissed when he finds out Erick took a plane to Paraguay! He was very well aware that we had to meet at the Studio tomorrow at eight o'clock sharp because Zé Felipe is coming all the way from Brazil to work on a remix of Tan Facíl with us!!! He'll only stick around for a few hours oh we're so screwed—" His voice was all panicky.

"JOEL!"

"Yes?"

"Calm the fuck down. stop rambling boy, take in some air."