01

Marinette's room cold be fairly cold in the winter, but usually her parents payed off for extra ehating and she would be all warm and cozy and happy tucked safely away in her bedroom. Unfortunatly, that was not one of those times.

The room was bitter cold and the only warmth came from the nice heated bakery down the stairs. If Marinette wasn't working a shift with just a small tee on, she would be in her bedroom, with three fleece coats all piled on top of her like Bigfoot. Then after a few minutes she would get extremely hot and leave herself with only one coat on, which left her extremely cold.

It was a struggle.

And along came the day she got snowed in with someone she didn't really expect. It was a surprisingly warm (at least as warm as it could be during Winter) day and some squirrels had actually gathered enough to courage to go outside for a bit. Everyone was happy and fairly warm. Emphasis on fairly, please.

At around noon, a loud cackle was heard in the town of Paris, but no one knew the owner. Something else people didn't know, was that only a few hours before a young girl named Leila had just been laughed at for claiming to be a snow bender. She was pushed into the snow and laughed at by her supposed friends.

But now her name wasn't Leila anymore, it was Snowy Nights (bit of a drag, really, but Hawk Moth had always struggled with villanous names. I mean, his name is technically 'butterfly' after all) and she would make sure nothing would stop her in her glory to get revenge on the blonde teenager who had laughed at her and called her a very foolish fool, and all her phony friends who had taken pleausre in Leila's sadness.

Marinette slumped down the stairs with a fleece hoodie instead of jacket, ready to take on anotehr boring day of winter break. Her black hair was tied up into two ponytails like always, and her blue eyes seemed cloudy and cold; just like the weather. She tied her white apron around her hips lazily and walked behind the glass counter with a sigh.

Another hour passed and a louder cackle was heard and this time the snow poured down even harder and the air got colder. More people started piling into the bakery and made Marinette wake up a little and come to her senses.

If it was another Akuma, then that would be pretty fast. The last attack was only three days ago, and the one before that was two weeks ago. Deciding to wait until she was sure there was a butterfly possessed superhuman running around, Marinette continued with her work for another hour or so.

Then it started.

Her parents had left an hour ago to deliver a cake to a client who lived two hours away, leaving Marinette to take care of rush hour by herself. Many thanks, the DupainChengs. But it kinda warmed Marinette's heart (not literally, she was still very cold) that they trusted her enough to leave her alone in the shop for a day, even if it was for only five hours.

Marinette had just handed a cupcake to a mother and her daughter, who wanted to get something sweet before heading home for the day. As the two left, Marinette turned over the Open sign, so it now said Closed. She locked all the windows, and turned the heater off.

She opened the door quietly, stepping outside and immediatly getting hit with the cold. Tikki was tucked safely in her purse, most likely taking a nap or eating some cookies that were safely stored inside along with her.

Marinette trudged along in the white snow, her boots leaving deep footprints on the snow-ridden pavement. Her goal was the park, but based on how long it had taken her to walk across the street (five minutes, by the way), she wasn't really sure she would make it in time to meet Alya.

Five minutes before she reached the park, Marinette felt something buzz in her back pocket and her brittle fingers took out her phone. She swiped open the phone and checked the caller ID: Alya.

"Hello?" Marinette answered, trying her best not to sound like she was dying from frostbite. "Alya, I'm almost there."

Alya sighed, and in the background you could hear little girls screaming and bouncing around happily. Had she never even left her home? Marinette could feel Alya running a hand through her ómbred wavy hair.

"I can't go, Mari." Alya told her reluctantly, tapping her foot on the ground. "The snow piled up on top of our door, for some reason. We can't even see out of the windows!"

A cackle was heard again, this one louder than the rest. A figure approached the park, and each second she got closer the snow seemed to be falling even harder. "Alya, I have to go right now." Marinette said, her tone deadly serious. "Bye."

She pressed the Hang Up button, ignoring Alya's protests. She zipped open her bag, and Tikki flew out, landing on Marinette's shoulders with a small thunk! The Kwamii's hazel eyes widened once she got a glance at the figure floating towards the park and whispered something into her friend's ear.

Marinette nodded, and ran into an alleyway. She crouched behind a trashcan and wrinkled her nose in disgust from the smell. Tikki had told her to hide and wait to see if it really was an Akuma, which Marinette was very sure it was.

The figure, now seen as a girl, stopped her floating and landed straight in the dead middle of the park. She had her blonde hair down, her brown eyes now glinting with evil. She was wearing a purple parka and her leather mittens fit her hand perfectly. Her pink lips were formed into a delicate smile and the snowflake necklace on her pale neck glinted in the very little sunlight.

"My name is Snowy Days." She ssaid, her voice booming. "And ai'm here to make sure that none of you ever have a happy snow day ever again."

Snowy Days cackled and flicked her wrist, immediatly trigerring a small avalanche fall down onto the park, making a small globe of snow form over the unsuspecting bystanders playing in the snow, trapping them with nothing but their winter parkas as protection.

"Yup." Marinette whispered with her eyes widening. "Definetly an Akuma."

next chapter to be posted on january thirty first.