Once-ler!xShort!Tempermental!Reader! Chapter 7

Chapter 7

(Name) lay motionlessly on the cold hard ground, coughing violently once in a while and staring into space like she feared for her life. The only thing Once could do was sit and watch her be in pain, he couldn't believe he had caused all this. Especially this.

Her body jerked and she let out a pained whine-ish bark before staring sadly at her Master, then ran away into the dark. Once could hear her heavy breathing for a while until she had gotten far away, and then all sights, sounds, and scents of her were gone. He had driven her away. A tear escaped from his eye and he dropped to his knees, unable to make any sounds. The place where his heart should have been throbbed and his whole body shuddered. Once brought one hand to his face and rested his forehead against it, glaring into his palm.

He felt like his heart had been torn out and thrown at a wall, like his brain wanted to stop functioning but it was working twice as hard. His eyes were sore and there was a knot in his throat. He wished he could go back and tell himself to stop, go back and decide not to destroy everything.

He desperately wanted to scream, but no sounds came out. Once sat a choking, gasping mess on the grass. Nothing could be worse.