Chapter 31

"This love has taken it's toll on me and she said goodbye too many times before,"
        -"This Love," by Maroon 5
Paige's POV
Cleo was gone from my life and even though technically we were still together she wasn't mine anymore. She's a different person than I fell in love with forever ago. She's sleep deprived and she's doing good in school and she has a job and she never hangs out with her friends.
Let me just say, that is not the Cleo Marine I fell in love with. That's somebody else.
That's her parents.
"How may I take your order?"
I snapped out of my trance and looked at the intercom thing outside of my car.
I placed my order, pulling to the next window and who I saw was heartbreaking.
Cleo turned around and when our eyes met, I caught a glimpse of what she was feeling before she put up her facade and ran away. I heard panicking voices coming from the room and sighed. Did it really have to be this way? Were her parents really that bad?
Yes, yes they are part of me screamed.
Cleo came back to the window after five minutes of me sitting there.
"Your total will be $7.38 please," She said calmly and I handed her the money. Cleo handed me my food and looked at her co-workers in a panic.
Clearing my throat, Cleo looked at me again.
"Look, we need to ta-,"
"Paige, it isn't fucking safe for you to be anywhere around me. I'd suggest you leave and never talk to me again because my parents will legitimately kill you."
"Cl-"
"End of conversation."
She closed the window and I wanted to yell at her for not keeping her promise but I just pulled forward and parked, getting out of my car and walking inside Arby's.
"Cleo. We need to talk. Now." I said and Cleo shook her head, looking me in the eye.
"I close. Be here before I leave and we can talk. If you don't then we aren't talking and we will go on with our normal lives. The night we came back my dad punched me and threatened to go after you, too. I can't let that happen. This. Is. Not. Safe, Paige. Got it?"
I nodded and Cleo turned on her heel, walking into what looked like the break room and slamming the door as loud as she would be able to get away with without getting in trouble.
I would be there. We would talk.
I would get my Cleo back if it's the last thing I do.
____________________
A/N yayayay I updated when I said I would hurray what did you guys think of this chapter? I liked it because of how nervous Cleo was yet how much Paige wanted to talk to her and didn't give up (I also thought Paige was a badass walking out of her car without her food and I just imagined it as a slow-mo scene idk why). So yes I hope you guys enjoyed I might update tomorrow night idk but yeah okay I'll stop talking now.

STAY STRONG

                -Chan <3 :)