chapter 6

The halls were much louder than usual. (Name) wondered why. She walked through the halls, and the noise lowered considerably. She grew puzzled and walked faster. Everyone was whispering and they parted so that (Name) looked like she was on display. She picked up her pace, almost jogging into her classroom.

The classroom was no better. Everyone was whispering. This time, there were accusing glares and fingers jabbed in her direction. The (Hair Color) haired female shrunk down in her seat, wishing that a hole could appear beneath her feet and swallow her up. She felt her eyes starting to water and quickly wiped them away.

I will not show weakness.

"Hey (Name)!" Her best friend came running toward her. "How's it going?" She innocently smiled and (Name) narrowed her eyes in suspicion.

"It's been ok, I guess," (Name) responded cautiously. Her mind was racing. Her companion was acting peculiar, and her facade wasn't going to fool (Name).

"Have you heard those rumors?" (Best Friend) whistled. (Name) tilted her head to the side in confusion. She pieced it together and her mouth went agape into realization.

"T-The rumors.. are about me..?" The female trailed off in horror. The (Friend's Hair Color) haired female chuckled darkly.

"They're whispering about you. How you and Oikawa have been cheating on poor ol' me.."