Chapter Nineteen: Rose

It's been two weeks since I've talked or seen Michael. I haven't bothered to call or text which is probably bothering the hell out of him.

I could care less; actually I can't care less if I don't care at all. At first, I was feeling guilty but, I now realized that he's holding me back form ever having a chance of being happy.

I'm kidding! I hate to admit it but he was my happiness. Yes, I was happy. That's so hard to believe even though you witnessed it all.

Your think why is she still pissed at Michael for something stupid? First off, it's not stupid and second, that's not why I'm mad at him anymore. 

For your information, I'm mad at him and ignoring him because he decided not to care about me in general.

Yes, he acted like he did. Yes, he tried to protect me from a monster, someone who wishes his could control his demons instead of his demons controlling him. That's exactly the problem. 

That's the problem with people today. They've lost faith, and in that loss, they no longer know who they should fear.

[If you understand that that is a quote and who said it, your pretty awesome and I will love you forever :D]

"No, it's fine. Thank you though." I tell the cashier after he asks me if I wanted anything else.

"Then that will be twenty- one dollars and sixty-eight cents, please." He asks and hand him a fifty dollar bill.

He hands me twenty eight dollars and twelve cents back. I smile as he hands me my grocery bag. "Have a good day," He smiles. 

"Yeah, you too." I nod and walk out of Save-A-Lot. I shop here kind of often because they have a big jar- well, I wouldn't say big jar- of pickles for five dollars.

I usually buy a jar of pickles each week since I eat a jar by myself. Don't judge; pickles are my life and what is the only good thing on Earth.

Did I mention pickles are so good? I can't stand people who deep fry them. It's like, they have the sour goodness to them for a reason.

Don't take that away by deep frying it into something nasty. Cruel, cruel people. I walk a few streets and make a few turns until I make it home.

I call it home for now because it kind of is the only thing protecting me that has a roof over my head. My grandparents, Jennifer (Jen for short) and Clark watch me as I walk inside. 

"Hi, sweetie. Do you have the mozzarella cheese and tomatoes?" Jen asks me and I hand her the ingredients she asked for and set my jar of pickle sin the fridge.

We're having tacos for dinner. We use mozzarella cheese instead Mexican, cheddar or taco cheese just because I love mozzarella cheese.

Not more than pickles of course. I walk to my room and close the door. I sit on my bed and grab my remote to turn on my TV.

Your probably wondering, 'Grandparents? Since when?' Well, there my grandparents on John's side of his family.

So now I live with my rapists and abuser's parents. It's not awkward as you think. At first when they picked me up from the hospital, it took me by surprise.

I hadn't seen them in years. It was crazy because I was literally in the hospital's bathroom (at least one of them) cutting my arm.

The blade barely touched my arm. I ended up not cutting that day but, I have maybe once or twice which isn't bad. 

I'm getting better now that I can focus on myself as much as that sounds greedy, it's not. 

Anyways, they came to the hospital and introduced me to some of there close family and friends. One in which including my attractive cousin.

He's like Dylan O'Brien, yeah I just went there. He is just that good looking. His name is Daniel.

Now, if you don't think Dylan O'Brien is sexy, hot, adorable, attractive, etc., I could go on forever, then you must be high enough or drunk enough not to see him clearly.

Then again, he's sexy, adorable, jaw-dropping attractive even when I'm sleepy, faint, or lightheaded.

I plug in my ear buds in my ears and play a random song which lands on Amnesia by 5 Seconds of Summer.

I guess they're alright with vocals and looks, I think I would choose the one with colored hair or lip piercing. More likely the lip piercing one whose name is Luke.

The colored hair one is Michael. He and Luke are both showing an emo side to them and this song is so depressing and relatable (is that even a word?). 

If it's not, I just made it up. I turn off the TV and start scrolling through my pictures as I hum to the song.

I see a few, more than just a few pictures of Michael and I. I decide to lock them in this app safe that keeps my pictures safe, only the person who knows the code i made can see the pictures I put on it.

I delete a few pictures of me and my cuts, I keep some pictures of me when I was little and recent photos. 

I jump when I hear a knock on my door. I take an ear bud out of one ear. "Come in!" I yell.

The door opens and I smile at my grandma. "Dinner will be done soon. Can you help set up the table?" Jen asks and I nod.

She closes the door knowing I absolutely positively hate when someone comes in your room and keeps the door open when they leave.

Biggest. Pet. Peeve. Ever. [I know we can all agree]. I get out of bed, leaving my phone and ear buds on my queen sized mattress.

I open my door and walk into the dining room, setting up the plates and cutting the tomatoes (I washed my hands before I started cutting them).

I wash my hands when I finish. As soon as I am about to walk back to my room, there's a knock at the door.

"Can you get that, Rose?" Jen asks. I nod and walk to the front door. I open the door and see the gorgeous man I was talking about.  

I know it's wrong to be attracted to a family member but, he's a long lost cousin by marriage or whatever. 

It's not like he's my brother or uncle. "Daniel.." I smile and hug him. "I didn't know you were coming over." I say. 

"You want me to leave already?" Daniel pouts. "No, I guess I can be nice to you since we are family but then again, family isn't complete without teasing and smirking. Am I right?" I bite my lip.

Daniel goes into outer space as he looks at me biting my lip. "Oh, yeah. Sure." Daniel fumbles over words.

. . .

- So, how was it? 

- I haven't updated because I'm working on another story and I am thinking about making the chapters longer for the new story because I feel like some of my chapters in this book are rushed or way too short.

-I've been really distracted at school and haven't been doing do well with being inspired because I have to be happy to be inspired and that I am not. 

-I'm not saying this for attention.. I just want to let you guys know as well as a best friend form school vernie220 . She's been trying to make me feel better and I'm sorry but, it's not really working :/ 

xx.Love you guys and thanks so much for reading.xx