The Bully

KALEBS P.O.V. WRITTEN BY @streetdaddykaleb

Layne and I were still walking to school; we went to Antioch Bay High. I've always hated school especially the one I go to, but then again I guess every kid does.

I was still nervous about the rings and that seemed to be all we could talk about right now.

"So, do you think we should try the rings on?" Layne asked with kind of a nervous but yet eager look on his face.

His question hit me like a semi truck, probably because it had crossed my mind a few times, but I didn't think I would actually try it on.

"N-No..." I stopped myself when I changed my mind. "Yeah, what's the worst that could happen?"

As I put on the ring I began to feel this amazing rush of adrenaline course through my body.

"Is it just me or is it getting really hot?" Layne asked.

"Must be you," I say back, not bringing up the fact that I had just got a random adrenaline rush, maybe it's just from what happened a few minutes ago.

Then Layne took off the ring and said, "Hey that's weird..."

"What's weird?" I ask almost immediately.

"When I took off the ring, that weird heat flash went away."

That is strange, I thought to myself, so I took off my ring and that rush left me.

"That is weird," I said, not noticing I said it out loud.

"What is?" Layne asked.

I guess I might as well tell him. "I just had this weird rush when I put on the ring but when I took it off it left me."

"I think these space rings are doing something weird to our bodies," Layne said.

"Yeah it's kind of freaking me out, but maybe we could just worry about it after school, okay?"

"Ok, that's good with me," Layne replied.

We walked up to school at 8:05am. The bell rings at 8:15am, we were early today we usually get there at like 8:13 every morning. I was even more surprised because of what happened with us and the meteor.

Layne and I fist bumped like always. "See you in math!" I yelled walking away from him.

A few minutes later I walked into my first class which was Chemistry. The bully of the school, Derek, was sitting in my spot.

Great, just to make my day even better, the ugly bully had to sit in my seat.

Derek never really picked on me, probably because I was the same size as him. He normally picks on the kids that are smaller than he is which is pretty basic for a bully. But I know he didn't like me because I saved this kid Michael from him and his group once.

As I walked up to him I spoke up, "Hey, Derek, you're kind of in my seat."

"Oh, yeah, what are you gonna do about it," he said, with an ugly look on his face and trying to use his Batman voice.

"Nothing I just want my spot back."

"Well it looks like you're gonna have to take it back..."

I knew he was trying to start a fight and today was already weird enough I wasn't in the mood, and I didn't want to get in trouble so I turned around to walk away.

But before I could take a few steps Derek pushed me down to the floor.

I never got into a school fight before but for some reason when he pushed me it triggered something in my brain.

As soon as I got back up he threw a punch landing right on my eye. That made me even madder, I threw one punch, it hit him right in the jaw knocking him out.

And right after the teacher walked in, only seeing him on the floor and me standing over him with my fist curled up, and not seeing that my eye was all messed up. She immediately sent me to the principal's office.

Mr. Smith was our schools principal not much people like him probably because he was rude and unfair to most kids. Especially me and Layne.

I was sitting out front waiting for him to call me in. I was waiting for at least 15 minutes when a girl probably about my age walked by, she must have been new here, because I've never seen her before, and then Mr. Smith tapped on my shoulder.

"I will see you know, Mr. Wright."

He never called anyone by their first name. Which always made him seem kind of rude all the time.

"Take a seat," he said with a plane tone in his voice and with an expressionless face, as I walked in behind him taking in the smell of his breakfast coffee and his over used cologne.

"So picking fights now are we?"

"No, sir it wasn't my fault he started it," I said.

"That's what they all say, Mr. Wright."

"But it was... I'll tell you what happened."

"Very well let's see what you have to say for yourself," he said slouching back in his uncomfortably looking chair.

Then I started my story, "When I got to class Derek was in my seat so I asked him to move and he said no, as I was walking away he pushed me, and when I got up he hit me. That's why I have this black eye. So I threw a punch, and that's when, Mrs. Fee walked in."

"Your story seems very well true but instead of staying there to fight you should have went and found a teacher."

"But it wasn't my fault Mr. Smith; if I would have tried to walk away he would have just grabbed me again."

"I don't want to hear any buts today, Wright, that is the end of our conversation, I am going to let you off with a warning, just this time though, but be warned, I'll be watching you, Mr. Wright."

Without responding I got up out of my seat and stormed out of his office, slamming the door behind me.