Sherlock Holmes

LAYNES P.O.V.

Last Edit was 11/17/2016

As I fly in the air in a ball of flames, I think about how people still don't really care about a sixteen year old boy flying in the air on fire (If they could tell from down there that I'm sixteen). I start to think if Jane was ok, I did almost got killed by a metal eagle about an hour ago, and it was flying by her house... OH NO!

"Wait a sec!" I yell, and I come to a stop.

"Yeah," Kaleb transports from the wires and into a human form. "What is it?" he asks as electricity is still forming his hands.

"Meet me at Jane's place, I'm going to get someone else!"

"Who home boy?!"

"Berry!" I yell, and then I fly past him and the wired poles

"Where are you Berry?" I mutter under my breath.

I pass houses and frightened birds, barking dog's etcetera...

The last time I had saw him before I left to go back home, forgetting to go look and see if Jane was even home, was when I and Berry talked about our powers in an ally.

So I call on my body flames to go out for a second, then run on a two story house roof, and fling my body off the edge yelling Pyra, and then head that way.

I land a perfect landing except my feet only slide an inch or so but other wise it was a good landing for a first timer on fire.

When I see and if any bums come from the ally way, which there isn't, I start to walk through between the walls of the stinky place.

"Yo Berry!" I yell in the ally way, my words echoing off the walls.

"Yeah," a slight cracky voice answers a little ways in front of me.

"Hey ummmm... where are you," I laugh a little from the crack in his voice.

"Over here," Berry's voice is still a little bit low.

I walk until I see Berry on a phone, not a touch but a flip phone.

He sees me looking at it oddly and whispers, "I broke my last one when I first used my powers."

Then a muffle cracking noise talked in the speaker.

Then Berry kept answering it with, "Oh...yeah I'm still here......you sure... but he's the mak-...I see..." Berry turns to face the darkest part of the ally way. "But how do I-...oh, so if there combined-...oh yeah sorry," Berry started to whisper and walk in circles. "Ok, ok fine I'll be there as soon as I can..." Berry hangs up and slips the phone in his pocket.

"Sorry about that... Layne right?"

I laugh and nod. That was a weird conversation.

"Yeah I just wanted to see if you wanted to see the rest of the clan," I start to chuckle again.

His eyes go wide, and spread that same dark smile he gave me the first time we met.

"Sure," he finally says, but his smile turns into a frown pretty quickly.

Then my phone rings.

"Yolo," I answer it putting it up to my ear.

"Layne come here FAST!" Kaleb's voice yelled.

"Why! What-what's wrong?"

"I'm not sure if I should say over the phone, but Jane is GONE!"

I hang up, put the phone in my pocket, call on Pyra and my body busts into flames.

"What's wrong?" Berry asks with a confused look.

"One of our friends is missing but there's something else, but he won't say until I get there!"

"Ok!" Berry puts his hands out, and his metal gloves start to glow pearl white.

Then metal forms and turns, twists and makes scratching noises until there is a form of a giant metal eagle about fifty feet high or so in front of them.

"That's so dope." I grin from ear to ear.

The eagle opens and closes its beak and stares down at me with its ugly scrap-metal eyes.

Berry cracks another smile while jumping in the air and landing on the beasts back.

SCREEECH! It screamed and started to flap its wings, making me jump back.

"Cool! That almost looks like that one eagle that..." I pause, huh that's weird, it almost looked like that eagle that attacked me in front of Jane's house.

But now since he had something to fly on, this was almost like a competition to me.

"But follow me!" I say then fly into the air. "PYRA!" and I start to head toward Jane's house once again.

SCREEECH! SCREEEECH! The wing flap sounds were bursting into my ear drums and were way louder than that one eagle, which made me rethink; did Berry make that eagle that attacked me? But if he did, why would he even save me?

We arrive in front of Jane's house in three minutes, I obviously won, but I wonder what the people below us are thinking, our picture or video is probably a huge hit on Instagram.

Kaleb comes out of the back yard like he's about to throw up.

"What is it?" I ask when my flames go out, and Berry changes his giant eagle back into scrap metal.

"B-b-blood, ev-v-v-very where," Kaleb says stuttering like a broken record, then throws up right in front of me bending over by my feet.

I run in the back yard and sure enough there is blood. But just huge drops here or there, like on the shingles on the roof, and the ladder that stood against the roof. Was this Jane's blood?

My mind goes into Sherlock Holmes mode.

Metal eagle tries to attack me IN FRONT of Jane's house, and Berry used a metal eagle to fly here, and that weird talk with Berry on the phone, that dark made up smile, and that weird voice. None of this makes since, but it wouldn't hurt to confront Berry now, if I can get Kaleb on his feet, we can take him down without breaking a sweat.

My body is suddenly flung backwards, and as I sore through the air like a rag doll, I see a wild smiled Berry, and a passed out Kaleb by his feet with a huge puddle of vomit near his opened mouth.

I try to call on Pyra but my face gets covered with dark cold metal that makes my mind go blank and want to scream.

But nothing comes out.

My eyes have stars appearing and my face slumps to the ground.

I pass out.