Chapter Fourteen: Meeting Familiar Faces

{DANI'S POV}

Today the Take Me Home show is going to Miami, Florida today, which is my hometown. I hope I see some of my old classmates, just not one person...Austin Mahone...

We were getting ready to do soundcheck and answer some questions from the fans. Me and the 1D boys went on stage and perfomed some songs to make sure all the speakers were working properly. Now it was time for Q&A with the fans. There were a ton of fans at soundcheck so I knew that there will be a lot of questions. I was having fun with answering fan questions until I heard a familiar voice in the crowd. It was Austin...my eyes widened and I took a deep breath...We made eye contact until I realized what happened...Louis came up to me and asked, "Hey Dani, you okay?" "Yeah, I'm fine..please excuse me for a second." I replied while running backstage. I ran into my dressing room realizing what just happened...It was him..the boy who broke our friendship, who lied...

[HARRY'S POV}

Does Dani know that guy? Why did she run off-stage? I excused myself backstage and went into Dani's dressing room. I knocked on the door to see Dani on her phone talking to someone. I waited for her phone call to end until I asked, "Who was that? Do you know him?" "Yeah...actually I do know him..his name is Austin..Austin Mahone..." she replied. "Why did you run off-stage?" I asked sounding concerned. "Well..me and Austin were friends in high school and..well..our friendship ended on a bad note..involving him sleeping with sluts and a ton of lying.." she replied beginning to break down. I pulled her into a tight hug. "Oh babe, I'm sorry to hear that..." She began sobbing until I heard loud screaming outside Dani's dressing room.

{AUSTIN'S POV}

What did I just do? All I wanted was to ask one of the One Direction boys a question...I knew Dani was going to be their opening act so I thought this was the perfect timing for me to explain everything. I ran backstage until security got hold of me. "LET ME GO, I KNOW DANI. I WENT TO SCHOOL WITH HER IN HIGH SCHOOL. LET ME GO." I said fighting to get free from security. Before I was about to yell another word, I saw a dressing room door open and Harry Styles come out of the room. He walked up to the security guards and said, "C'mon pals, he's safe, Dani knows him. Austin Mahone right?" Harry asked. "Yes sir." I replied.

[DANI'S POV]

I was wiping away my tears until I heard someone clear their throat. I looked back and saw Austin and Harry standing in the doorway. "I guess I'll leave you two alone." Harry said. "Thanks Harry." I replied. "Hey..." Austin whispered. There was a long awkward silence until I had the guts and said, "Hi..." Austin took a deep breath and said "Dani, listen, I know I've screwed things up in the past, but I'm 17 now..I've grown up..please...give..me a second chance..?" I let out a long sigh and said, "Austin....I...I don't know..if I can ever trust you again...just...let me think about it..." "Okay..well...just let me know when you've made up your mind..." Austin replied. "Thanks Austin..." I said. "No problem..." I leaned in for a hug. When I hugged Austin for the first time in a long time, I felt safe...like I was protected by him...But I still haven't thought about it..it takes time..It was a really long hug but I didn't mind. I pulled away and Austin walked out of my dressing room. This, is going to be a long, hard decision...but I'm just hoping that everything will be alright...