Chapter 2: Smiles like that should be illegal

Old people and planes just shouldn't be put together. They are lovely when they want to be, but I swear they all hate me.

The gorgeous guy beside me had a laughing attack about 5 minutes ago when I told him-or asked him-if he is mute. He has been laughing non-stop since then. And the surprising thing is, none of the old ladies in front of us or beside us are saying anything to him they are all glaring at me. As if I am tickling him or something. They are probably all cougars who want to get with him. Not that I blame them, the guy is breath-taking.

"That was so funny, you are something else," He choked out before sobering up.

"Yeah, I kind of guessed you found it funny," he chuckled lightly.

My cellphone beeped in the pocket of my jeans. I took it out and checked to see that I had two unread texts; one from David and the other one from WordsAreCool.com. Hotness next to me was peeking over my shoulder as I was replying to David's "I miss you" text. He really is the sweetest boyfriend. Also, he looks so beautiful. His golden locks and sparkly green eyes all just call out to me and say, "come and screw me," not that I have done it yet. I just hope David is willing to wait more than he already has.

"Would you stop butting in Peeping Tom?" I asked, and of course he had to smile at me. Let me tell you, smiles like that should be illegal. We don't want this plane or any other place to drown because of all of these women. Yuck, you are disgusting Melissa.

I cackled when I saw the word, WordsAreCool.com sent me today. Hotness-I should really ask him what his name is-asked me what was so funny and I smiled. "I have this obsession with learning new words. I want to be very articulate and erudite; knowing plenty of vocabulary words helps me be it and it just feels great."

"I have no idea what erudite means, but that still doesn't answer my question; Why the cackle?"

"I really like that word, I really do." he shot me an amused smile, "I have this app on my phone that sends me a new vocabulary word every day and I use it in a conversation, to know it by heart." He was about to ask, "Why the cackle?" again before I continued, "today's word is apodyopsis." I started laughing again while he felt left out because of course he doesn't know what it means.

"Can you use it in a sentence? You said you use the words you learn in a conversation. So, use it right now, please?" I realized then that this boy-whatever his name is-is just like me. He also has a fire within him that begs him to know things; to learn things. And I like that in a person, a lot. David unfortunately doesn't care about all these things. He even calls the mirror visor in the car "That thing above the steering wheel to block the sun and it has a mirror on it."

"Whenever I watch videos of Jack and Finn Harries I practice my apodyopsis on them to imagine their hot, sexy bodies in my mind's eye." I turned to see his reaction and was pleasantly surprised to see his eyes bugged out and his mouth wide-open. I laughed at his face and leaned back in my seat.

"I don't know who Jack and Finn Harries are, but I am sure the meaning of apodyopsis is imagining someone naked." I patted his head and grinned. He grinned back and finally told me his name is Liam.

"So, why weren't you talking to me before? Why were you just nodding your head and smiling, like a socially awkward person?" he let out a laugh and nudged my arm with his.

"Well, I just didn't know how to talk to a beautiful girl like you." I stared at the blank T.V screen in front of me to hide the splash of red covering my cheeks. I got that dumb habit from my mom. Even now when dad calls her beautiful she blushes like crazy and I unfortunately had to inherit that dumb gene.