Chapter 3: Catch it before an intruder steals it away

A/N: See the beautiful character banner on the side? @Chocolov3r made it for me :) Thanks girl i love it

Chapter 3: Catch it before an intruder steals it away

As far as I can remember, mum has always been a health nut; which is why I woke up feeling more confused than ever to the smell of bacon.

I slowly opened my eyes and immediately shut them again because the sun was trying to blind me. I rolled onto my stomach and once again opened my eyes, but this time I succeeded. The pillow case was soft against the palm of my hand and it felt foreign. My confusion was getting too heady and I was ready to pass out before it all came rushing back to me. I covered my face with a pillow and made a noise between a groan and a whine. I am in Canada. I miss mommy.

Ignoring the urge to call mom and tell her I miss her I got out of bed and went to the bathroom. After I freshened up and started looking like a normal human being, I ran downstairs.

Everyone except for Mehak were sitting on the table already. The entire table was filled with breakfast items starting from bagels to bacon. I greeted everyone good morning before I took a seat next to Liam. I poured maple syrup all over my pancakes, adding a mountain of whip cream on top of it. As I was about to shove in a huge piece in my mouth, Mehak loudly chirped, "good morning!" and I quickly hid my plate under the table.

"Who is she?" Liam asked, discreetly pointing his eyes towards Mehak. I gave him a funny look before humoring him by telling him she is Mehak, my best friend.

Mehak sat across from me and started digging into a bowl of fruit salad. I sadly glared at the plate of pancakes under the table and munched on an apple. The reason why I couldn't eat that stupid pancake was because I am sure Mehak would tell on me. It's for my own good I guess, but sometimes I just want to eat brownies and cookies and fun foods like that. Healthy foods are so tasteless.

Mum was an obese adolescent which caused her to be extremely self-conscious. So, because of that she always feeds me healthy things and goes running with me so I wouldn't end up like her. There are things she doesn't tell me, but I am sure being obese not only shattered her self-esteem, but it damaged some part of her too. Mehak and I always eat healthy, but I sometimes cave in to the goodness that is Nutella, but I always burn it up before it can store into my belly or worse my behind.

Mehak was watching SpongeBob in French after breakfast and I was translating for her. It was fun because I don't know French and she knows that. But we both know that I have watched SpongeBob so many times that I can translate it in any language. I was midway through telling Mehak what Patrick Star was saying when the couch dipped and there plopped Liam right beside me. He took in the role of Squid ward the grouchy squid and we continued making up crap dialogues and had a laugh.

Running alone sucks.

I decided that when I was being forced to run alone—okay not being forced, but no one gave me company. On top of that, I am not familiar with my surroundings which made it ten times harder. My feet kept hitting the pavement rhythmically to match the beating of my heart. Mehak was too lazy to join me and Curt and Alexis for some reason started laughing like crazy buffoons when I asked them to join me for a run. It must be a Canadian thing, Canadians sure are strange.

My headphones were yanked out of my ears as I was preparing to turn the corner. I turned around, ready to punch the lights out of whomever it was, but I stopped when I saw it was only Liam. I turned my nose up on him and kept on running. He joined me a few moments later and I realized he was just being a nice running buddy. I gave him a smile and kept running along with him.