Chapter 1: The Call

"I need to make a call." Sheriff Jody Mills announced before entering her newly renovated office. With help from the Winchester brothers in 3 previous cases, she had been promoted and was now happily living the dream at the top of the employment ladder. Well, as happily as can be given the circumstances. Ever since Jody was brought into the loop about the supernatural, her life had drastically changed. Whether that be a good thing or not she didn't know; the only thing she did know however was that the Winchester brothers had become part of her life now. Jody, with her phone in hand sat on the corner of her desk and waited for the call to connect. After the first couple of unanswered rings, a nervous feeling began to bubble in the pit of her stomach. It wasn't like the Winchesters to miss a call, especially one from a friend. Something was up; something that made Jody anxious. That was until Sam's all too familiar voice spoke up. "Hey Jody. What's up?" He asked. "Hey Sam. I've got a case here that I think might be right down your alley. You interested?" Jody asked down the phone. "Sure. You're on speaker." From her end of the phone, Jody could distinctly hear Sam saying her name to someone who, she only guessed, was Dean. "Hey Jody, what have you got?" Dean questioned. "Okay, so a call came through yesterday about a naked man wandering through the woods outside a small town. Caller says that he was carrying a body and laid it down near a tree or something then went back and brought several more." Jody replied. "So what makes you think it's our kind of weird?" Dean wondered. "Apparently, the guy was on fire."

"Thanks Jody, we'll definitely check that out." Sam ended the call with Jody before beginning his research into the burning man. He came across a news article and read the headline out loud. "Mystery burning man caught wandering through Willow Creek woods late last night. Witnesses say they saw him carrying a body before laying it down beside a large tree stump. He left but arrived a little over an hour later carrying a new body." Sam skimmed through the article; only reading the relevant parts. Dean had moved into the kitchen to grab a beer from the mini fridge. "Where's Willow Creek?" Dean shouted over to Sam. "On the outskirts of a town called Beacon Hills."

Dean and Sam allowed themselves 4 hours sleep before they took to the open road in their beloved 1967' Chevy Impala. Sam had his laptop propped open and was currently searching for any more connections to the case. "Find anything?" As if on cue, a page popped up that snagged Sam's attention. "Yeah. It says here about a supernatural dog that can often take on man's form. Features include glowing red eyes, super strength or speed and a foul odour." Sam read intently as Dean listened closely to every word. "What so we're looking for a werewolf?" Dean looked over at his brother. "More like a hellhound. They may have fire-based abilities and appearance. Didn't the witness say they thought the guy was on fire?" Dean was putting two and two together when his cell rang, stopping him mid-thought. "Cas? What's up buddy?" Dean asked before setting the call to speaker. "The thing you're looking for is a hellhound. They're often assigned to guard the entrances to the world of the dead." The Winchesters looked over at one another before returning their attention to the road. "How do we gank this thing?" Whilst Dean and Castiel conversed over the phone, Sam noticed a sign reading 'Beacon Hills -10 Miles'. "Thanks buddy." Sam heard a small 'okay' from Castiel before the call was cancelled. "So the only way to kill a hellhound is with arrows dipped in holy oil." Something about that made Sam feel uneasy. Lately, any creature that he and Dean had come up against had been easy to handle but he had a feeling that this one was different. His big brother would have no problem 'ganking' the creature but Sam had become soft after spending several months in the cage with Lucifer. Before long, they came across a sign saying 'Welcome to Beacon Hills'.

Sam pulled up a map of the town and located the sheriff station; giving Dean the directions. Once they pulled up, the Winchesters prepared themselves for the transition into Detective Johnson and Detective Williams. Sam opened the glove compartment, taking out 2 FBI badges and handing one over to Dean. The pair exited the car and approached the sheriff's station. Once inside, they were met by a pretty and rather young-looking deputy by the name of Romero. "I wasn't expecting the FBI to get involved. What makes you think this is a federal offence?" Oddly her question caught Dean off guard which ultimately ended with Sam chiming in. "We just go where they tell us to go deputy." He replied with his typical friendly smile. "Well alright then. You're best talking to the sheriff. Follow me." Deputy Romero escorted Sam and Dean towards the sheriff's office before pointing them ahead the rest of the way. "His office is just at the end. Excuse me detectives, I have to get back to work."

As Sam and Dean approached the office, they noticed the sheriff was talking to a teenaged boy. "You gotta trust me on this Dad. Scott knows what he's doing." Dean gently tapped on the side of the door. The sheriff and teen looked over before finishing their conversation. "Stiles, go to school. We'll talk about this later." Stiles made his way over to the door and eyed up the two officers. "See you later dad."

So here is chapter one. I hope you guys like it and let me know what you think so far. xx