Chapter 3: The Hound

"Scott, Parrish is here... Okay, he's at the station." Stiles was pacing about the sheriff's office waiting for his father's return. "Keep him there, we're on our way." Stiles ended the call. He bit down on his nail before leaving the office to search for his dad. "Ah, screw it." After a failed attempt at locating his father, he made his way over to Parrish. "Hey, Parrish. Did you have a good night?" Parrish stopped typing and looked up at the young boy. "What do you need Stiles?" Stiles needed to make this quick as he caught a glimpse of his father returning to his office. "Do you remember where you were last night?" Parrish was seemingly taken aback by his question. "I was patrolling the woods looking for those bodies, why?" Parrish looked around the station before returning his attention to Stiles. "Do you know something about who's been taking the bodies?" Before Stiles could reply, he felt a tap on his shoulder. As he turned his father, with arms folded was peering down at him. "Stiles, my office. Parrish, ignore him."

Once Stilinski had dragged his son into the office, he closed the door behind him. "Are you insane?" Stiles scratched the back of his neck; a habit he had obtained from being an anxiety victim. "Dad, he's a hellhound! He has the right to know." As Stiles' father began to reply, there was a small tap on the door. Scott and Lydia were waiting patiently on the other side. Sheriff Stilinski gestured for them to enter. "Where's Parrish?" Lydia asked. "You have told him haven't you?" Scott added. The sheriff shared a look with his son. "Do you think we should?" Sheriff Stilinski questioned. "Wouldn't you wanna know if you were a hellhound?" Scott replied then turned to Lydia. "Go get Parrish, he needs to know."

"I'm a what?" They had finally informed Parrish of his true form. "A hellhound. You guard entrances to the world of the dead, like graveyards. And you're the one who's been taking the bodies." The room fell into silence. "Don't you think I'd remember stealing bodies and carrying them through the woods in the middle of the night?" Parrish exclaimed. "Not exactly. When you take on the hellhound's form, you're no longer you. Every time you shift, you'll forget about it the next day. You'll live your life never knowing what you truly are." All eyes were on Parrish as he took in the new information. "Nobody say a word until we really know what's going on here." Sheriff Stilinski ordered. "Now you kids go home. You've got school tomorrow." Scott, Stiles and Lydia left the station, leaving Stilinski and Parrish alone. "Parrish, you should go home too." Parrish gave a whisper of a response. "Yes sir." He definitely wasn't expecting any of this to happen when he woke up that morning.

After his arrival home, Parrish tossed and turned for several hours before a heavy slumber fell upon him; it was time for the hound to come out and play.

Sorry that I took so long to upload Chapter 3! Here it is and I hope you like it! Let me know what you think xx