Chapter 2: An Unwelcomed Presence

"I'm Detective Johnson, this is Detective Williams. FBI." Dean implored before shaking his hand; Sam following suit. "Sheriff Stilinski. Do you know Detective McCall by chance?" Sam noticed Dean's uneasy shift in stance. "McCall? No, can't say we have. We're from an out of town department so anyone from around here is new to us." Sam, as usual managed to make something made up sound real; a skill he had mastered over the years. "Ah, so how can I help you officers?" Stiles had left the office but he wasn't leaving for school quite so soon. Something seemed different about those officers; they weren't from Beacon Hills that was for sure. From his eavesdropping, Stiles partly made out the conversation. "We're here about the weird activity reported from this area. Apparently witnesses say they saw a man carrying bodies to a large tree stump. Know anything about it?" Parrish. He was the only person Stiles could think of that matched the description. He needed to tell Scott ASAP. Stiles pulled his phone out of his jacket pocket and scrolled down to Scott's number. "Scott, meet me at school, it's really important. Oh and bring Lydia."

Stiles arrived at the school and was met by Scott and Lydia waiting patiently outside. "Stiles, is everything okay? You sounded worried over the phone." Scott asked, clearly concerned. Stiles left his jeep and approached the pair. "I'm not sure. I was at the station and these two officers came in and started asking my dad about a mysterious burning man carrying bodies to a giant tree stump. Anything about that sound familiar?" A look of recognition flooded Lydia's face before she said "Parrish." Both Scott and Stiles looked over at her in unison. "They're looking for Parrish aren't they?" Lydia asked after a long silence. "Probably. My dad doesn't even know about Parrish. I need to tell him, Scott." Scott was lost in deep thought before he had a light bulb moment. "Stiles, go back to the station and see what happened with your dad. Lydia, we'll go find Parrish. He's not safe. Call us what you find." And with that, Stiles got back in his jeep and made his way to the station. Lydia and Scott began their search for a hellhound.

"Please tell me you know what those detectives are talking about?" Sam and Dean had left before Stiles' return. "It's Parrish dad. He's the one who's been taking the bodies." A look of confusion crossed Stilinski's face. "Parrish? Are you absolutely sure?" Stiles nodded. He noticed his dad looking slightly behind him with a more confused look. "Are you sure?" Stiles turned to where his dad was pointing; Parrish entered the station and took the seat behind his desk. Everything about him was normal. "Yeah, so he went home and got a shower. Dad, I'm telling you, he's the hellhound." Stilinski looked hard at his son before he responded with "If you're sure he's the one, then all you have to do is wait. If they're guilty, they'll make a mistake. They always do."

Sam and Dean arrived at a small motel on the outskirts of town. It was shabby and rundown but they didn't have time to find anything better. They would have to make do with what they had. Luxury wasn't something the Winchester's were familiar with having spent most of their lives on the road. The closest they were going to get to luxury or a 'home' for that matter was the back seat of the Impala. Sam made his way over to the motel whilst Dean locked the car. There was a sudden shift in the atmosphere; an unwelcomed presence. Lucifer. Sam looked across the overgrown yard before locking eyes with his old roommate. He jabbed his left thumb into the circular cut on his right hand; the devilish apparition disappeared as though it had never been. "Sammy, you alright?" Dean had approached his little brother without him realising. "Yeah... Fine." Yet again, Sam flashed his all too familiar smile and entered the motel. A smell lingered in the air along with a fine veil of dust. By the looks of things, the motel hadn't seen a lick of paint or drop of bleach in a long time. Nevertheless, the Winchester's booked out a room on the second floor.

Sorry that this part may be a little short, but I hope you enjoy :) please let me know what you think xx