Chapter 1

"Toast! I can make toast!" Samantha states as she holds a plate of toast above her head as she juggles butter, a mug and a knife in her arms. Elena laughs as she takes the knife from the older girl's mouth, and putting it on the counter.

"It's all about the coffee Aunt Sam." She replies, making the woman frown as she manages to place everything on the counter.

"Please, Lena. You're making me feel old!" Sam groans before opening the bread bag. Elena laughs as she picks up a cup of coffee.

"Is there coffee?" Jeremy walks in and straight over to Elena. He takes her cup, making her frown before grabbing another.

"Your first day of school and I'm totally unprepared." Jenna moans as she runs over to her purse and pulling out some money.

"Lunch money?" She asks, gesturing to the three.

"I'm good." Elena states and Sam turns, a piece of now buttered toast in her mouth before grabbing Elena's money as Jeremy grabs his own.

"Anything else? A number two pencil?" Jenna jokes as se makes her way over to the toast, tying her hair up. "What am I missing?"

"Don't you have a big presentation today?" Sam asks Jenna with a small smirk. She was already ready to go to her new job.

"I'm meeting with my thesis advisor at...now. Crap!" Jenna states as she quickly grabs her thins.

"Then go. We'll be fine." Sam states as she places a hand on the taller woman, smiling sweetly. Jenna looks at her and smiles.

"You sure?" She asks and Sam chuckles.

"Of course, bonnie is dropping Elena of and I'm more then happy to drop Jeremy off." She explains. Jenna smiles again before running off to her presentation. Sam shakes her head laughing before turning to face the siblings. Her face falls as she sees Jeremy glaring at Elena and Elena looking at her cup. When would this end?

"Right! Baby Gilbert, Car, now." She states seriously before clicking towards the door. Jeremy rolls his eyes, but obliges and leaves. Sam then moves over To Elena.

"Give him time. He's coping in his own way." She says and Elena looks up to her, a soft smile on her face. "Anyway, you should be going to school, missy." Elena laughs as Sam pics up her bag and folder before heading after Jeremy.

"Sam?" Elena calls and Sam stops, turning to face her niece. She hums in reply as Elena smirks, her eyes gazing over her attire.

"What job do you have if you have to dress up so smartly?" Elena asks, crossing her arms. Sam chuckles before tapping her nose.

"That's for me to know and you to find out." She sings before leaving. Elena shakes her head at her aunt's playful antics before grabbing her stuff to meet bonnie.

*******

Sam pulls her car up in a parking space, before looking over at Jeremy. Her nephew doesn't spare her a glance as he goes to exit, but finds the car doors still locked.

"Jeremy." Sam says as she rests her arms against the steering wheel, careful not to set off the horn. Jeremy groans as he throws his head back against the car seat. Sam frowns.

"Careful of baby." She snaps and watches as Jeremy's lip twitches into a slight smile at her weird love/obsession over her car. But then a serious atmosphere settles as Sam continues to stare at Jeremy.