Sixth Year

Start of a new year! New classes, new Quidditch season. And NO worrying over Oliver and Mia.

As if they're worth worrying over anyways.

Before they knew it, Quidditch was upon them. Harry is an absolutely brilliant seeker. Adaline and Alithia's teamwork is stronger than ever.

Eric decided he no longer wanted to be on the team so Angelina is the new chaser. She is a little iffy, but she isn't doing bad. Especially not for her first Quidditch season.

***********

The Winter Gala held for sixth and seventh years is coming up, and it's coming fast.

Adaline and Alithia went to town and found the perfect dress for each of them.

On their way back to the castle, Eric stopped them.

"Umm... Alithia, can I talk to you?"

"Sure. I'll meet you in there, Ada." Adaline entered The Great Hall.

Alithia turned back to Eric.

"Wotcher, Eric?" She asked.

"Um... I was just wondering if you would maybe, you don't have to, but umm..."

Alithia waited patiently while Eric regained his bearings. He took a long, slow, deep breath. He turned back to Alithia with new found resignation set upon his face.

"I was wonder if you would accompany me to The Winter Gala?"

"Sure. I would love to, Eric. Meet me at the grand staircase at seven?"

"Awesome. I'll meet you here at seven."

**Winter Gala**

Alithia and Adaline dressed for the Winter Gala for almost five hours. They each took a long, hot bubble bath.

First Adaline helped Alithia. She pulled her hair into a curly, messy half updo pony tail. She put green and purple eye shadows on her with green glitter around the egde of Alithia's eyes matching her dress. She then added a clear lip gloss with gold glitter.

Next Alithia pulled Adaline's hair into a messy bun with a side braid. She then used black eyeliner and eyeshadow to create a gorgeous dramatic cat eye look, paired with deep red lipstick.

Alithia wore a frilly green and black ball gown fairy style dress. Adaline slipped into a deep cherry red mermaid dress with a short train, and a lace half sleeve.

Alithia pulled on her gold, lace up high heel pumps. Adaline wore similar pumps, only hers were black.

Alithia put on her heart pendant necklace with crystal accents and slipped on her lace, corset string gloves. Adaline wore her black chandelier style earrings.

As the girls descended the grand staircase all eyes were on the two of them.

Eric and Jason walked up to the two girls, bowed, and held out their arms for the girls to take. They walked with their arms linked together. The two girls in the middle, their dates on either side of them.

Many people standing in the entrance hall still could not take their eyes off of the two girls.

"Well, it appears we will be the hottest two couples of the night." Jason said smugly.

"It appears so." Eric said with a disapproving tone.

There was dancing, food, and an award ceremony. Excellence recognized on the pitch and in the classroom was awarded to each individual as seen fit.

Alithia left with a Quidditch award and one for being in top five high marks in Transfiguration, the only class she would listen in.

*************

Towards the end of the night, Alithia became very hot. She slipped out of The Great Hall onto the grounds.

She cleared the snow off of a bench and sat down.

How long had she been sitting there? She didn't know. But she began shivering. Suddenly, a jacket was draped over her shoulders.

She turned and looked into those deep brown eyes.

"Oliver."

"Alithia."

"What are you doing out here?"

"I saw you leave. Didn't see you come back. Became worried about you."

"No need to worry over me. Why don't you go see your girlfriend?" She said as she slipped his jacket off of her shoulders and handed it back to him.

There was a long pause.

"You look beautiful tonight." He said abruptly.

She turned to look at him once more.

"Thanks."

Oliver began moving closer to her. Soon their lips were mere inches apart.

Their lips touched ever so delicately, so softly.

They pulled apart slowly.

As realization dawned on Alithia's features of what just happened, she stood quickly.

"Umm. Yea. Right. I better get back to my date." With that she ran back inside.

Oliver touched his finger tips to his lips. Replaying the feeling of her lips on his, how soft they were. How she smelled. How overall beautiful she was.

Alithia rejoined her friends in The Great Hall. Eventually, Oliver rejoined Mia as well.

He wouldn't destroy her night, but he is planning to break it off with her tomorrow.

**************

Oliver broke it off with Mia. However, Alithia still was not trying to give him the time of day.

They had become somewhat closer. Nicer to one another at the very least.

**************

The end of the year was upon them.

Alithia decided she would give him a shot. She made her way down to The Great Hall to tell him just that.

The only thing she got was an eyeful of Oliver and Mia kissing.

So much for giving it a shot. She threw the jelly legs jinx at the two them. Watching as they fell to the ground, it made her feel a touch better. But not enough.

She boarded the train home for summer with a broken heart.

***************

Fan. Vote. Comment.