(08) Crème de Niall

(08)  Crème  de Niall

I woke up to something warm and real cuddly. A small smile spread over my lips, eyes still closed, and I pushed myself harder against the comfortable object. I was still pretty much out of it, sleepiness wrapped around me like a fuzzy blanket.

That was until I heard a groan. Wait, what? I peeked through one eye, realizing that my head was bobbing up and down in a slow, even pace. I was hearing something, underneath the black fabric on which a side of my face was flushed on to. It was a soothing sound, like miniature drums playing in soft, almost seductive beats with a leisure rhythm.

The object underneath me began to stir, move. My eyes widened. I was sleeping on something alive?! My heart beat loudly in my chest, and my sense of smell suddenly burst into life, as if I had been holding my breath the whole time. I took in the scent. It was a combination of an expensive aftershave and cool-smelling cologne, but I couldn't be wrong with the natural scent of something familiar underlying it. No way.

I quickly jolt to a sitting position, the blankets previously draped around me and him being dismantled by the sudden motion. I looked towards Liam, shocked, as he stirred and peered through an open slit of his eyes.

"What the fck?!" I whisper/shouted, half to myself, half to him. I'm in the same bed with Liam freaking Payne?! Something hit me, something I wish never never crossed my mind in the first place. I gulped dryly, closing my eyes for a bit as I readied myself for the worse. Finally, with much hesitation, I looked down my body.

I was still in my clothes, thank heavens.

"I may be annoying, but I am not a rapist," I heard Liam comment groggily as I felt him him sat up, the thick, comfy bed dipping down.

"Why am I here?" I asked him incredulously. Had I been sleep walking? He shrugged, swaying his feet to the edge of the bed.

"You were cold," he said simply as he stood up. "I couldn't just let you freeze to death, now, could I?" Something inside me flared as he said those words, something warm and fuzzy spreading inside my stomach. He cared. "It would be my fault if you did."

Oh.

My world came crashing down, like pieces of glass landing on the floor with horrifying cracks and snaps. Of course. He only did it because the blame would be on him. Not because he cared one crap about me.

"Yeah, sure," I whisper, my voice cracking at the end as I stood up as well.

"Hey, no, I didn't mean that," Liam said suddenly, as though sensing my hurt.

"Yes you did." I went out the room. Why was I even acting like this? Why did it send a stab right through my gut knowing that he didn't care? Why, why, why?

I took out some eggs from the fridge and made my way over to the counter, where I bashed them into a bowl. My fist clutched the fork tightly, painfully, as I angrily stirred the eggs, my other hand on the edge of the bowl to stop the eggs from spilling. It wasn't working. Splotches of eggs spluttered around the edges as I bashed furiously.

A gentle hand set on my fist which was holding the fork, and my stirring stopped. I looked at the hand, not really knowing what to do, nor understanding my thoughts that screamed in my head.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it," Liam apologized, as if he actually meant it.

Those were the words.

As if. As if he cared. As if I meant something to him. Which I didn't. As if I cared. Which, again, I didn't.

"Okay," I said finally, making my mind up. I didn't care. That's it. I was just kept away from much human interaction (aside from Liam) that my mind is going insane. I was just confused, for a moment, is all.