(18) Morning Kisses

(18) Morning Kisses

I woke up with Liam's arm wrapped around me, spooning me from behind. I could feel him breathing against my hair, his face nuzzled into it, and I smiled. Our feet were tangled together — "Like branches on a tree or leaves caught on a vine" — I remembered from his song last night.

This made me smile wider, my chest exploding as realization hit me.

I was Liam's boyfriend.

Blood pumped hotly in my veins, rich with adrenaline and excitement and something else I wasn't at all sure of. It felt surreal. This boy behind me who had his arms wrapped around me, whose light breath ruffled my hair, he was my boyfriend. I could kiss him forever and no-one would care because damn it, I was his boyfriend.

We were eachother's.

My spine jittered with nerves and my knees felt like water bags beneath me as realization really sunk in. My grin couldn't have widened even more as it nearly tore the muscles on my cheeks, wide as a rubber band being stretched to its capacity.

Amidst all this excitement that rippled through my body, my bladder suddenly churned like crumpled paper. No matter how much I loved being in Liam's arms, engulfed in his complete and utter warmth, I needed to go to the bathroom. I gently tried to pry his arms off me, but they tightened around my stomach, bringing me back to him. A sound, somewhere between a giggle and a sigh, tangled in my throat as I felt him practically squeeze me into him.

He didn't want to let me go.

"Liam, I need to pee," I whispered, although I knew that he wouldn't hear me. He was still asleep. I again tried to unlace his arms around me, but they didn't budge.

"Liam . . ."

"No," he groaned groggily. I was aware that he was merely half awake, teetering around the edges of consciousness. He bore his face into my hair, breathing deeply and letting it out. His breathing evened out seconds later.

My bladder felt as if it's about to explode. No way am I gonna pee on Liam's—our bed. First morning that we wake up together as boyfriends and I'm gonna ruin it by peeing on our love nest? Not gonna happen. I pried his arms open, this time with more force, and successfully slipped off from bed. I placed a gentle kiss on his lips and whispered, "Sorry," before I jogged quickly yet quietly to the bathroom, nearly stepping on Woody, who was curled on the floor, in the process.

After relieving myself in the bathroom, I decided to cook our breakfast. Liam had practically done everything for me these last couple of days, and all I've really done was watch telly and play with Woody. I figured it was my turn to do something for him. Besides, we were going to be boyfriends, weren't we? We might as well should have our fair share of (sort of) chores.

I first entered our room to put on decent clothes (I was merely on boxers when I made a mad dash to the bathroom), and found Liam asleep on our bed. The sheets were tangled on his body, his perfectly tanned skin peeking through the gaps. He sported defined abs and pecs that were neither too bulging nor too soft—their dips and curves were just right to make you drool and gawk at them rather than to spur you to go to the gym.

I felt proud to say that this perfection right in front of me was my boyfriend.

I quickly pulled on a pair of sweat pants and a plain blue tee. I then bent over to Liam and placed a chaste peck to his lips, and I felt his lips twitch into a small unconscious smile against mine. I grinned when I pulled away, soaking in the tiny smile that I had inflicted on him with just a single peck. My heart jumped to my throat with the thought that I had that effect on him; that even though he was in the clutches of unconsciousness, his mind completely barred from responding to any stimulus from the outside world, he would still smile when my lips touched his.