Bird Things.

HOLLY CRAP I HAVE 587 READS! LETS SEE IF YOU GUYS CAN GET ME 630 READS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER MAYBE EVEN 5+ VOTES AND 3+ COMMENTS? THANKS! ENJOY CHAPTER 15!

P.S. sorry it's kinda short.

Chapter Fifteen.

~Percy~

We spent the rest of our time at Hogwarts training and teaching the wizards as much as we could to prepare them for what to come.

On the morning of Christmas break we sat with the other Gryffindors and waited for word from Chiron telling us that the Pegasus should be there soon and then we would gather our trunks and leave this amazing place forever. Ok that was a sad thought but Camp Half-Blood is my home and I need to protect it and the demigods. Sure i'll also be protecting Hogwarts and the wizards but the wizard world will never be my home.

I'm brought out of my thoughts by a confused murmur from everyone in the great hall. I look up from my bacon and see Chiron in iris message looking at me and the demigods.

"Chiron!" Annabeth yells excitedly. She stands up from beside me and rushes forward to greet him.

"Hello Annabeth." He says chuckling at her reaction to seeing him.

"Hello Chiron." I say standing beside Annabeth.

"Percy." He says nodding his head and smiling at me. "The Pegasus are almost there, be ready to leave quickly, I fear there might be a monster following them trying to find you guys." He says, his smile fading until its completely gone.

We all nod nervous for the monster. We've fought plenty of them before but we have no idea what's to come.

"See you at camp." He says before waving his hand and the iris message goes away.

Only now did I notice everyone staring between us and where the iris message was. Their eyes open wide in shock, their mouths gaping, and some standing up to get a better look.

I smile at a few and we head to the common room to get our things.

"What do you think it is after us?" Leo asks as we leave the castle and wait for the Pegasus.

"A better question would be what isn't after Percy and Harry." Hermione says and Annabeth nods in agreement.

"Maybe we'll get lucky and it will be something we've fought before." Thalia says.

At that everyone burst out laughing.

"What?" She asks confused.

"Me and Harry seem to have the worst luck, there's no way that bad luck streak will end now." I say smirking along with Harry.

"Oh, well maybe it won't be that bad and we can beat it easily?" She says sounding more like a question.

"That's doubtful." Piper says grinning.

~Harry~

Watching the demigods joke around about their bad luck I realized they're not even scared or nervous about fighting. It seems as though they're excited for it, they keep making jokes about fighting the monster like its no big deal.

When me, Ron and Hermione fight were always nervous, anxious and scared. We don't exactly laugh in the face of death and danger. I may have survived through a number of dangerous adventures but I'm always scared out of my wits about them.

"Look there they are!" Nico says pointing towards the seven shapes in the sky coming towards us.

The only black Pegasus lands in front of Percy and neighs. "What is with you and donuts?" Percy asks exasperated.

"What?" I ask confused.

"Oh not you I was talking to Blackjack." He says motioning to the Pegasus in front of him. I nod and pretend to know what he's talking about. "Well we better get going, you heard Chiron there's a monster after us."

Us wizards mount our brooms and the demigods climb onto their Pegasus. "Just follow us and stay close." Annabeth says looking at me, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and Lilly. We nod and kick off.

For a while it was a peaceful flight of Percy and Annabeth talking in Greek to each other, Nico asking how much further every few minutes, Piper, Lilly and Ginny laughing about random things, Clarisse practicing with her electric spear, me and Ron talking about random stuff, Hermione practicing random spells and Thalia clutching tightly to her Pegasus with her eyes held tightly closed as she muttered to herself under her breath.

Then natural things start going wrong.

"Ow Clarisse why'd you hit me?" Nico asks holding the back of his neck.

"I didn't." She says offensively.

As they argue I get hit in the shoulder with something. "Ow." I shout clutching my shoulder. Everyone looks back at me confused. "something hit my shoulder." I say.

"Look!" Piper yells pointing in the sky behind us. We all turn to see what she's pointing at and I secretly wish I hadn't. Behind us flying closer and closer are birds with bronze beaks and sharp metallic feathers that they are launching at us.

"Stymphalian Birds!" (I did my research!) Annabeth yells unsheathing her dagger.

"What?" Leo asks.

"Man-eating birds made completely out of metal besides their eyes." Hermione answers as though it's obvious.

"And how do you know that?" Ron asks.

"I read non like some people." She says this mainly to me and Ron.

"Hey I've read 'Quidditch Through the Ages.'" I shout defensively. She shrugs and turns her attention back to the bird things.

We all get our weapons ready and wait for the fight that's about to happen.

***

(A/N) If any of you are Directioners please check out my other account @ItssDanii I write 1D fanfics on it and im about to start a new story so please check it out, Thanks.