1 of 4

"Konan, this is Maiko. She'll be your classmate from now on. Please get along with each other." The teacher of a class of young children in Amegakure gently pushed Maiko towards the blue haired child.

Maiko was a small girl, smaller than all of her classmates. They were the same age and frankly, they didn't look it.

Konan stared at the new addition with curiosity. The new girl had a beautiful set of big aqua blue eyes, coupled with short platinum blonde hair that made her almost look like a boy.

"I'm Konan, it's nice to meet you, Maiko-chan!" The bluenette smiled.

"I-it's nice to meet you too..." Maiko blushed at how cute her new classmate was.

She shyly followed her to the seats, where she helped her with getting through the class.

Konan was a kind, intelligent child. She was always helpful, but sometimes cautious, of those who needed help.

Maiko stuck to Konan like glue, finding her presence to be soothing.

"You know, Maiko, if you fold 1000 paper cranes, your wish will come true?" Konan giggled and finished folding a small paper crane. She held it up for her friend to see.

Maiko stared at it for a long while, admiring the precision in which her friend had folded it. "Is it true...?"

Konan blinked before nodding enthusiastically. "Yes!"

Maiko laughed, "In that case, I'll keep it in mind! I'll definitely fold 1000 one day so that my wish can come true!"

Konan smiled and folded an origami flower. She reached forward and situated it above Maiko's ears, pushing her hair back.

The blonde child touched the paper flower gently, but couldn't see what she looked like.

"I made you a flower so that you and I match!" Konan pointed to her own one with a smile, "Yours is red so it brings out your features."

Maiko blushed and thanked her friend.

"It's no problem; what are friends for?"