3 of 4

Konan flew to Amegakure, where the Akatsuki main base was. She was scouring the area for any signs of struggle or fights, but she came back without anything news.

Yahiko greeted her with a huge grin on his face, waving, "Konan! You find anything?"

Gracefully, Konan descended from the sky and landed in front of her partner, "I didn't find anything."

"Ah, I guess that's good!" Yahiko rubbed his nose and turned around to face Nagato, "Right?!"

The red head only nodded and gave a small smile, "Yeah."

Konan looked outside. It was raining, like it always did. Every time Konan stayed in Amegakure, memories of her childhood would surface and force her to remember every agonizing detail.

The female Akatsuki member sprouted paper wings from her back, ready to take off.

"Where are you going?" Yahiko questioned.

"I'm going to visit Maiko." She replied. "I'll be back soon." With that, she took off.

Even if she was made of paper, it was relatively easy to fly in the rain. She was used to it. Once she found the ledge in which her friend slipped off all those years ago, she dove down to where Maiko's makeshift grave stood. It was only a wooden cross with 'Maiko' engraved in it.

Konan formed a bouquet of flowers for her deceased friend, placing them on the ground in front of the wood. The ground was muddy and slippery, so she stayed above the ground, her hands held together as she murmured a wish, a prayer.

Konan held open her hands, forming a red flower in her hands. She smiled small and placed it on the cross.

I made you a flower so that you and I match! Yours is red so it brings out your features.

"Rest in peace, Maiko."