Camo deer

Brice's point of view:

It was my first day of high school. Was I excited? Possibly. Was I nervous? Heck yeah! I've never done this before. What if I go to the wrong class? Do they have maps of this place?! Oh jeez. Ok. Don't think like that Brice. You got this. I get out of bed and walk to the closet. Maybe I should look nice on the first day........ Nah. I grab my wrangler jeans and a jack Daniels shirt. I walk out of my bed room and down to the kitchen, not saying a word to my annoying brother. I get a mason jar from the cabinet and pour some tea in it. Walking to the door I grab my backpack and step out. I walk over to the barn.
"Ma'am?"I ask. She was trying to clean out the bedding in a horse stall.
"I'm headed to school." I say. She looks up.
"Oh that's nice honey. And I told you. I'm your mother now. Call me mom!" She smiles. I don't like her. She's not my mom. She's my step- mom. Key word, step. When my mom died my father thought he needed extra help around the farm. He didn't. He already had 2 older boys. Me and my brother Kenny. And Kenny's out of school to help. I miss my mama. She was the only one who was good to me. I walk out of the barn and walk down our dirt drive. After about a mile or so I was in front of a high school. As I walk up to the door I look around. A lot of people. Ok. First day. I completely got this......... Not. Ugh. What if I'm that one person who has no one to hang out with and are always alone?! I walk through the doors and look for my locker. 2556.
"Hey bud. Whatcha looking for?" I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around.
"Oh- uh yeah. Locker 2556?" I say. I was looking at a brown haired, green eyed boy. He was about my height but a little chubby.
"Sure thing buddy." He starts to walk. I follow.
"The names Danny. Yours?" He asks.
"Brice. " I say.
"You act kind of shy. Loosen up!" He playfully punches my shoulder.
"Yeah. Sorry. Just first day jitters. " I say.
"Well here it is. Locker 2556." He steps aside. I put in the combination, open it and unpack.
"What classes you have?" Danny asks.
"Um." I pull out my schedule. "Algebra for first period." I Say.
"Really? Me too." He says. I nod and stick a CAMO deer sticker on the inside of my locker. I close it. Danny and I walk to algebra together. He'll be a good friend. I take an aisle seat while Danny sits next to me on the other side. The teacher walks in and starts class. Yall know all that "hi
My names-" "we'll be learning-" blah blah blah. Crap crap crap. The lectures we get on the first day. Bout 10 minutes into class the door opens and a girl walks in. I look up. Holy heaven in a girls body! (LOL!)