Clumsy Excitement

Hermione woke early the next morning, not being able to contain her excitement- and her clumsiness.
Hermione had to keep on reminding herself that it wasn't a dream, looking back over to the letter repeatedly as she got dressed. She had to convince her parents continuously so they could allow her to go to Diagon Alley to buy the supplies needed to attend Hogwarts.

  She walked over to her desk, smiling as she grabbed the letter. She paced the room as she reread the Hogwarts acceptance letter, mumbling the words to herself. Hermione tripped over her shoes, causing her to fall on the floor and loosing her grip on the Hogwarts letter. She stayed on the floor, watching the letter float to the floor silently, a few small feathers following the envelope's way towards the floor. Hermione then stood up, dusting off her khaki skirt. Tucking away the first year shopping list, she took one last look at her outfit planned for going to Diagon Alley. She had a white tank top and a thick, gray cardigan over her tank top. She looked at herself in the window's reflection, feeling as if she was missing something. She snapped her fingers, noticing she was missing her diamond studded earrings and her leather watch. She looked at herself once more in the mirror, still trying to put on her left studded earring. She drops it on her wooden floor, making a "clack" noise. The earring rolled  under her bed, Hermione scolding as she bent down. Without reaching under the bed, the earring rolled into her hand. Hermione, confused, furrowed her eyebrow but shrugged. Easier way for me to pick up stuff, I guess.

  Hermione raced downstairs, missing the last step and landing on her hands. She stood up, making sure no one saw that, and kept on running to her parent's bedroom. She started to pound on the door, loud boom sounds spreading around the house.

"HURRY UP, WAKE UP, SLOW POKES!," Hermione yelled. Hermione started to push hard on the door. Her Mother opened the door, sending Hermione flying from the door to her parent's bed. Hermione jumped up off the floor, sitting on the bed, rubbing the sheets with the tips of  her finger.

"Look, Hermione, we're glad your excited, but we've never seen you act like  this. If you don't get your act together, we'll have to stay here," said her Father as be walked to the bed, buttoning up his shirt. Her Mother nodded in agreement. Hermione frowned, pouting. Her parents laughed, starting to head towards the kitchen. Breakfast was already served on the plates, Hermione grabbing her plate and walking towards the table.

  "Would you like so coffee, Hermione?," asked her Father, brewing a cup of coffee in their coffee machine. Hermione nods, trying to hold back a yawn. Hermione will admit, she did feel tired. She woke up at 6:30, her excitement awake but not exactly her.

  Her parents understanding her feeling of being tired, poured some coffee into a brown mug with three cups of milk and two small packets of sugar. They woke up every morning at 6, heading towards an office specialised in dentistry. Hermione would have to walk to school, less than 20 minutes away. Hermione wraps her long fingers around the mug, closing her eyes as the coffee warmed up her palms and the tips of her fingers. The smell of coffee slightly reminded Hermione of Isabel, confused of why. She didn't even smell like coffee; it seems that Hermione's  mind was wondering off, her thoughts switching back to meeting Isabel at Diagon Alley. Isabel has been sending owls to Hermione since she had gotten her Hogwarts acceptance letter. According to her letters, she was using her sister's owl, who was applying to do healing at St.Mungos and waiting for a letter to know if she could work there soon. She grinned, taking a piece of her omelette and savoring the taste. Without her noticing, she finished in minutes, before her parents did. With her coffee still in her left hand, she took small sips of the warm coffee. She looked up to her parents.

  Placing the mug down, she started to tell them what she needed to buy at Diagon Alley. The robes. The Standard Book Of Spells. A History of Magic. A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration. Magical Drafts and Potions. One Thousand Magic Herbs and Fungi. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. And her favorite part; the wands. About how the wands apparently "choose you". How each wand is different. That it was, in a way, made for you.

  Her parents shocked, Hermione acted as if it wasn't a shock, shrugging. Her parents followed what she did too, shrugging along with her. They headed towards the car, locking the door behind them. Followed by the sound of seatbelts clicking as they got seated and adjusted in the car, Hermione Granger continued informing her parents with knowledge of Diagon Alley, Hogwarts, and the rest of the Magical world.

Author's Note:

So sorry this took me so long, and that the chapter is also so short. But if you want to see daily posts from me, follow me on Instagram, @//accio_butterbeer! Thank you for your patience.