chapter 2 - Bargaining, Part 2

I slowly stood from the ground in the woods. I looked around, seeing headstones all around me. I looked behind me, seeing the one directly behind me, next to the ground I had just crawled out of. 

It said my name.

I frowned in confusion, trying to remember.

I was dead. 

Or, I had been dead.

But this wasn't where I was supposed to be.

  ••••••  

I walked through the town.

A car sat there burning, half burnt away.

I walked down the street that was littered with debris. 

It looked chaotic. 

Apocalyptic.

I walked walking to look at a burning car.

A demon on his motorcycle roared past, throwing something as he went.

I backed away, watching him go.

  ••••••  

I walked down more streets.

A siren was wailing in the distance.

I walked toward a car that was parked on a driveway, leaning against it.

The car's lights came on, its security system beginning to wail and honk.

My ears could barely take the sound.

I put my hands over my ears in pain.

The house lights came on.

A man walked outside. "What are you doing?" I looked at him through my fingers. The man was holding a shotgun. "Get away from there! Do you hear me?" He walked onto the porch. "I said get off my property." 

The man fired the shotgun into the air.

I turned around, running off.

 ••••••

I walked onto another street, looking around in confusion.

A demon were on this street.

There were a few barrels full of fire.

A burning pile of trash was behind them.

"Now, no question, the open backroads and highways have been good to us," a demon told them. "But we've got ourselves a juicy little burg here, just ripe for the picking. And I ain't in no hurry to leave it. You?"

All the demons all yelled "No!"

"So, I figure, what better way to kick off our... semi-settling-down, than with a little christening?" the demon asked. The demons cheered. They attached chains to their motorcycles, smiling. I walked closer to see what other thing the chains were attached to. "A symbolic art commemorating the new order around here... and ridding ourselves of any not-so-pleasant reminder of the old." The demon held up a gun, putting a bullet in. "All in one quick, really, really violent fell fell swoop." I came up behind a couple of the demons, looking around in confusion. The chains attached to the bikes were also attached to a blonde-haired girl. The demon held up the gun. "Gentlemen, start your engines." The demons started up their bikes. I knew I recognized the blonde girl, trying to remember from where. The girl saw me, in shock. "Bye bye, Slayer."