chapter 18 - Entropy

I was patrolling late at night, finding two vampires leaving the cemetery. I punched Vampire 1 in the face twice, spinning to kick him in the chest. Vampire 2 grabbed me from behind. I twisted out of his grip, using his arm to flip him to the ground. Vampire 1 jumped to try to punch me. I raised an arm to block the hit, backhand punching him in the face, kicking him in the chest, pushing him face first against the gate of the cemetery, making him fall. Vampire 2 tried to punch me. I caught his arm, twisting it behind him back, punching him in the back of the head. Vampire 2 spun free of the restraint, trying to punch me. I blocked both hits, punching him in the chest, spinning Vampire 2 around to try and stake him in the chest from behind, getting distracted when I saw Spike sitting on top of the gate and holding Vampire 1 dangling in the air so he didn't get away. Spike smiled. Vampire 1 took the distraction to break free, pushing me back. I kicked him in the chest and the face twice, making him fall. 

"How ya doing?" Spike asked.

I sighed, giving a halfhearted look for distracting me during a hunt. "Oh, fine. You know, same old, same old."

"Yeah, I could take care of this guy if you want," Spike told me.

"Whatever," I told him, kicking Vampire 1 to the ground again. "Your call."

Spike shrugged. "I mean, sure, he don't look like much, but I'd wager he could give you a bit of nasty." Vampire 1 jumped up to try to attack me. I spun out of the way, punching him in the face. "Save you the staking. All you gotta do is..."

I pushed Vampire 1 to the ground, kneeling next to him. "Buffy's gonna end up telling our friends about us if we don't stop seeing each other."

"And you're not willing to stop just because of that little threat, are you?" Spike asked. I tilted my head. Spike smirked in amusement. "Oh, I see. You think that maybe it's time they know, but you don't know how to tell them yourself."

"Buffy wants to tell them so badly?" I asked. "She can go ahead." I staked Vampire 1 in the heart, making him explode into dust over the ground, standing, walking toward Spike. "Buffy tried to kill her friends, my sister and mother last week. And guess how much we all hate her? Zero. Zero much. So I'm thinking that if they can deal with that, they can deal with this. If not?" I shrugged. "I can deal with that, too."

I turned to walk away.

Vampire 2 struggled to get free, landing on his feet, running toward me. I turned to face him to prepare to fight.

"In that case, why don't we head back to my crypt and we can deal together?" Spike asked suggestively, smiling.

Vampire 2 stopped completely from shock, turning to look at Spike. "Huh?"

I took his distraction to stake him in the heart from behind without having to fight, letting him fall to dust. I looked at Spike, tilting my head, which only made him smile.

   ~~~~~~ 

The next day on Mom's day off, Mom, Dawn and I were walking down a mall street around so that we could have a family day and shop.

And talk about which stores that Dawn stole from so that we could fix it.

"Okay, how about this store?" Mom asked.

"Ah, three pairs of earrings, a coin purse and a toothbrush," Dawn answered.

"You stole a toothbrush?" I asked dubiously.

"A mother of pearl handle," Dawn told us defensively. "Very fancy."

"Yeah, but you stole a toothbrush," I told her. "As far as rebellious teenagers go, you're kinda square."