Us Against the World.

We first met, I mean, really first met on bus 61.

“Aye, Aye.”

Oh God please help me.

“Um Michelle,” My friend Justin whispered. “I think he’s talking to you.”

“I’m not a dog, I don’t reply to ‘Ayes” I rolled my eyes and continued to look out the window.

"Excuse me." I then felt a tap on my thigh, I turned around to the hollering boy that was sitting by the window and another guy who was sitting by the aisle right across from me looking at his phone.

“What’s your name?” The guy by the window asked me.

“Ashley.” I smiled

“Cute.” He smiled back.

I was glad to see that the bus came to a stop and both of the boys got off. I moved over to the seat the guys were sitting at.

“Ashley? Smooth.” Justin laughed.

“Shut up.” I laughed too. “What do I look like giving my name to some wanna be thug, did you see that gold tooth? Shiit.”

Justin didn’t stop laughing. “You’re crazy.”

“Just might be.”

*** The Next School Year ***

“Ok Everyone in a circle according to their birthday.” Our math teacher told us.

Confused like the rest of the class, we got up and stood around the class room.

“I hate those ‘get to know everyone’ games on the first day.” Someone next to me said.

“I know right, If I want to know you, I’ll get to know you.” I shrugged.

The guy laughed. “Exactly.”

He’s smile was gorgeous, and so was he.

“What’s your name?” He asked me.

“Michelle.” I blushed.

“Michael, Ironic right?”

“Something like that.”

“So when’s your birthday?” He continued.

“May 20th.”

He nodded, “May 18.”