2: I Hope That You Would Do This For Me

A woman sat at the desk before me. She was grinning wide and motioning me to sit down at the chair in front of her. I walked in and sat down slowly. The room was painted fluorescent green. The color made my eyes hurt. The women shuffled some papers in front of her and smiled.

"So, Gerard. How are you?" She asked slowly.

I scratched my head. How was I? I have no idea. "Um, I'm alright" I said sheepishly. This was all too much and I was starting to freak out. "Who are you? Where am I? Why is everyone saying I'm dead?" I asked and my voice shook.

The woman gave me a sad smile. "My name is Lindsey. And you are dead. I'm very sorry sir."

I breathed for a moment and closed my eyes. This all felt too real. I wished it had been a dream.
"Okay...so I'm dead. Then where am I?" I asked.

"You aren't anywhere. You're in between at the moment. I'm going to tell you what you have to do. Okay?" She asked and I nodded slowly.

"You are dead, what you'd call a ghost. I'm going to give you an assignment. You will be sent back to earth. You will be assigned to a human who is scheduled to die. You will change his mind, preserve his life. If you succeed you will be sent to the desert as we call it. You may rest in peace among other spirits. If you fail, you will be sent to the under, where you will be torched as long as eternity lasts." Lindsey smiled evilly at me. "Am I clear?"

I gulped and nodded quickly. "Good" she grinned and snapped her fingers. The floor disappeared and I fell through the opening and crash landed on a dirty bedroom floor. "Ahh!" I screeched when my hand went in something cold and wet. Moldy pizza. Disgusting.

"Who the hell is there?!" Someone yelled. I swallowed hard. "Uh" I squeaked. A short boy stood in front of a sprawled out me. He had cold eyes and a greasy faux hawk that laid against his olive skin. Tattoos covered his body and a silver lip and nose ring occupied his face. He looked tough and it frightened me a little. He was hot I'll admit that. Shit Gerard stop being gay.

"H-Hi. I'm Gerard. I'm dead. And um you want to die and um I have to help you so I won't go to hell" I squeaked out.

He just stared at me. "Hey wait a minute I know you. You're that kid who was tripping out of his brains. They said you died...wait holy shit you're telling the truth." His eyes went wide. "Holy shit." He breathed.

"So...like. You shouldn't kill yourself. Because I did and being dead really sucks. L-Like it's always cold and I'm never in the same place longer than a minute and I'm not sure if it's being dead but I constantly have this stupid song stuck in my head...under pressure." I whined. The dude looked at me like I was insane.

"Don't you crash into my room and tell me what the hell I can or can't do. You don't know me! You don't even know my name!" The yelled. His anger was intimidating but I felt something. I knew how he felt. I wanted to know this person. I felt a strong connection to him.

"What's your name?" I asked. "Frank. Frank Iero. You're Gerard." He said unamused.

I nodded. "I want to know you. I want to help."