Soda taste

"I told you Amethyst I don't want to go"

"Oh come on"

"No"

Pearl left her backpack on the table.

"It's Friday and we have no classes tomorrow"

"You know I don't like parties"

"Yeah right, but this is the best party ever, you have to go"

"Let me think about it" she took a glass of water and turned to Amethyst "Nope" she said with a fake smile.

Amethyst rolled her eyes and saw her friend leave the room "Garnet is going to be there"

Pearl stopped suddenly and turned around "she is?"

Amethyst had a big grin on her face "so now you are interested, I must say I am not surprised at all"

Pearl blushed "I-It's not that" she cleared her throat "is just that she never goes to this kind of things"

"Well yeah but not because she is a nerd like you" Amethyst chuckled when Pearl made an angry face "but because she has no time"

"I know" she leaned on the wall "I don't see her so often" she paused for a sip of water "and she is my roommate!"

"Well now she has time and she's going to go the party~" Amethyst said glancing at Pearl "so what you say?"

Pearl thought about it for a second "Alright I'll go" she sighed.

"Cool!" Amethyst hugged Pearl.

"Ok calm down" she said pushing Amethyst away "first I have to finish my homework"

"What? It's Friday! Who does homework on a Friday"

"Well I don't like to leave things to last minute like someone else"

"Yeah sure" Amethyst smiled and turned around "see ya at the party nerd!"

Pearl was going to say something but Amethyst was already gone.

"Well I will get to see her at the party" she said leaving the kitchen and walking to her room.

...
"Pearl where are you?!" Amethyst had to yell because the music in the background was too loud.

"Calm down Amethyst I'm on my way" Said the girl applying lipstick.

"You better be! See ya!"

"Ok bye"

Pearl put her cellphone inside the pocket of her skirt.

"Thanks for skirts with pockets"

She didn't know what to wear to the party so she chose a skirt that stopped half way her thighs and a blue crop top that Amethyst gave her for her birthday and she had never used until now, is not like she didn't like it but she felt awkward wearing it and now it didn't feel different.

"I guess I will feel more comfortable if I wear a jacket"
Once she was done she left the apartment.

...
The music was loud, people dancing, talking, and kissing.
Pearl blushed and walked fast towards the bar.

"A glass of water please"

She tried to spot her friend in the crowd, but it was impossible.

After a while she gave up and took out her phone, hopping her friend would hear her cellphone.

But before she even unblock her cellphone a voice called her name not so far away.

"Hey Pierogi so you are finally here"