Chapter 1: The beginning of a vision

"What the..?"My first week seeing the pixelated things for six hours straight. "What happened to me?" I said, walking down my home street, Westville Dr, heading towards the bus stop to go to the high school. "Um... Mason? Are you seeing what I'm seeing?". "Yeah, that's the second time for me." Mason said chewing on, from what I see, a blocky gum. "Second time?! How long do we have it for? Why do we have it? How come-". "Calm down, Denver! I don't know a lot about this "pixel vision" stuff, but we will work this out together." Mason said.

"And, we only have it for about six hours." he added."Six hours?! That's until the end of the school day!" I said. "Yeah, but it's totally worth it! You get to see what it's like to live in a world of blocks!"."Well, I'm glad there is one positive thing about this" I said. "What do you mean?" Mason said as we arrive to the bus stop. "I have a huge grade math test today and I bet that the letters are just black rectangles and squares" I said.

Mason and I walk on to the blocky school bus and find an open spot for us to sit on. "So, can you tell me all you know about the pixel vision?" I said begging for him to tell me. "Okay, fine. But only if you stop begging. Your blocky figure is all haywire, and it's really creeping me out." he said. I chuckled for a little while, then I became silent, and listened to the information given to me. "What we have is something called "FixPixel". It's like a little computer chip goes in your brain when you sleep on every Tuesday night, and gets turned on every Wednesday at 7:40."  he said."But why specifically-" "No one can know about our FixPixel, ever, okay?" He interrupted me, but I nodded and we hadn't talked until we got off the bus and onto the school property.

"Hey uhh... uhh... Denver." It's my other friend Emma. I could recognize her, even in pixel form, but she doesn't look like she thinks the same. "Umm... Hi? Are you okay, Emma?" I said worried. "Yeah um... Can I tell you something?" I feel a little better now that she is going to trust me with whatever she is going to say. "Of course! Go ahead!" I said. "Okay, so I woke up this morning, everything was fine. I showered, got dressed, ate my breakfast, and then started walking to the bus stop. But... Here is the crazy part. Around 7:40ish, my eyesight became, how do you say... Pixelated." I was shocked. My friend has FixPixel, just like me.

"Really?! You have FixPixel too?" I smiled with my blocky mouth. "What do you mean "FixPixel", and what do you mean "too"? Uh oh. I just broke Mason's promise. But who cares? She's just like us! She told me, I didn't ask her if she had it or not. "Well, I'll just give you the short version.". So, I told her everything Mason told me about the FixPixel, and she completely understood. But she did freak out about the whole six hour thing, just like I did. But... There's been four things on my mind since Mason told me what he knows. Why 7:40? Why Wednesday? Why is it called "FixPixel"? Why us?